John Ward

.060 Over
Ride
Rocket 3 Classic 2008
Hi

I have the fuel gauge on my rocket and filled it to the top... the gauge read full.... 95 miles of steady riding the gauge was in the red... I thought bloody hell this thing drinks more than I do, so headed off to the gas station. I brimmed the tank again but it only took 12.71 litres... errr so according to the uk spec ..I still had around half a tank left?? I'm assuming the sender unit is a tad out or there is another problem? Is there a way of recalibrating it, or is it a removal from the tank job?

That's a bit wild but most are pretty pessimistic. Search FuelBot 2.0 on here.

Hmmm done a bit of reading on here n a couple of other forums, and it appears to be a common problem... what sort of general distance do you reckon I could get out of a full tank steady riding.. and just about sticking to speed limits ... UK miles n not US?

I have a fuel gauge on my Roadster .....it shows fuel range but is far from accurate .....I don’t poodle around fuel light comes on between 80 - 100 miles and fuel range is about 10mile range left ...... I don’t get anymore than 15’ish litres in it to full ...... so on a 25ltr tank I’ve still got about 40% left ....take it easy and you might get 180miles out of it

Is it stock? aftermarket exhaust/intake & a tune to fit it raised mines performance & lowered it's fuel range by quite a bit, so it depends...............

My Roadster would do the same thing. When I changed the fuel filter I bent the sending unit rod so that the gauge read more accurately. Now it is accurate. Just don't bend it so that fuel doesn't cover the fuel pump housing because that's what keeps it cool.

My Roadster would do the same thing. When I changed the fuel filter I bent the sending unit rod so that the gauge read more accurately. Now it is accurate. Just don't bend it so that fuel doesn't cover the fuel pump housing because that's what keeps it cool.

Ta for the replies.. I haven't seen the fuel light come on yet so as long as I know I have a 40% reserve I can run a little further... but I was expecting a safe 150 miles.. I'll live with it for now until I go inside to change the filter.

Ta for the replies.. I haven't seen the fuel light come on yet so as long as I know I have a 40% reserve I can run a little further... but I was expecting a safe 150 miles.. I'll live with it for now until I go inside to change the filter.
My light comes on at about 220-230kms. It leaves a safety reserve.

The Fuelbot regularly indicates a 300km tank range pretty much irrespective where and how I ride - WITH ONE EXCEPTION - And that is very illegally fast. In my case it is probably in no small part due to a big high screen and big wide cases.

I have the fuelbot as one such illegal day I hit the light at 180kms and I was sphincter tighteningly far away from civilisation and fuel. They must have had some breakdowns out there - there is now a new fuel/food (and excellent food too) stop in that area. Spanish A67-exit 51.

Inaccurate fuel gauge is common thing on Rockets. Fuel LED comes ON after about 60 km on mine. Since I was left without fuel for the first time (say 20 years ago) I do not trust fuel LED on any bike any more. I use the trip computer to measure distance between refueling, that works fine. What annoys me is that fuel LED that is ON all the time as it is pretty bright :)

Back