RazMan

Rocket Addict
Ride
2022 R3 GT, 2011 America
I am still on my quest to get my aftermarket fuel gauge working. I fitted a Koso RXF 'all in one' unit to replace the faulty speedo (odometer display dead) and generally update the looks a little. Anyway, everything works brilliantly except for the fuel gauge. The problem appears to be the way that the fuel sender 'talks' to the old gauge, going through the ECU which translates the signal somehow. The Koso needs to 'see' an analogue resistance of some kind (100 -1200 ohms) but the ecu seems to talk a different language (digital maybe?). I could try connecting the sender directly to the Koso (which might throw up an error message) but I am not sure which pins to try on the sender.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I have now managed to solve the mystery! I have been overthinking the solution to fitting an aftermarket fuel gauge and in a rare moment of logical thinking I simply cut the sender wire (black/green) at the tank connector and hooked it up to the Koso gauge and voila!

In case anyone needs more info on the sender specs, the resistance reads between 10 ohms and 128 ohms (empty to full) so just pop those levels into your gauge and it should work fine.

Back