The $5 one I got on amazon is as good as the $20 set I have from 1980 my dad got craftsman.
Nearly 100% of them all are made in the same place unless you buy some $200 snap on or some crazy thing.
Just get a set anywhere. You can check them with a micrometer. I highly suggest igauging brand as they are decently reliable and moderately good for the price.

I recommend short, with curved tip. If you use a strait feeler gauge you have to bend it to get correct angle with bucket and lobe or youre going in at an angle and the measurement wont be accurate as it feels tighter than it really is. I just made this mistake and had it pointed out to me. Whether you get a good set or whatever check feeler gauges with a micrometer. If you want the calculation to figure out correct shim youll need for the adjustment you’re shooting for i have it. And if you order k&l shims they run as follows, for instance 2.60mm shim is 2.68mm 2.50mm is 2.58mm and so on.

I recommend short, with curved tip. If you use a strait feeler gauge you have to bend it to get correct angle with bucket and lobe or youre going in at an angle and the measurement wont be accurate as it feels tighter than it really is. I just made this mistake and had it pointed out to me. Whether you get a good set or whatever check feeler gauges with a micrometer. If you want the calculation to figure out correct shim youll need for the adjustment you’re shooting for i have it. And if you order k&l shims they run as follows, for instance 2.60mm shim is 2.68mm 2.50mm is 2.58mm and so on.
You should always check with a micrometer. I have a set that I bent a few and yes it changes it a tiny bit but still within the spec range you gap them at!

Back