In need of info for tune ecu. Help please.

Good day eh.
That's Canadian for "hope you're doing good"
I bought the tune ecu app a bunch of years ago and had it on an old phone. Now with a new (to me) Rocket and a long gone phone I am trying to put a different tune into the bike. 20368 nells tune. I down loaded the app on my tablet, got the original tune saved and put in the new tune.
Bike won't srart or even turn over. Fuel pump fires up but nothing when I touch the starter. Any ideas. Thanks. Cliff
Hoping it's not this simple, but when I felt the cold hand of fear clutch my heart when doing the same thing, my battery had drained enough to not want to fire up - Also, check the positive battery terminal is properly attached. That was my problem at the time - but I only found out after I bought a new Battery.
Also, I assume you made sure the new tune was compatible with the R3 you have now..
Finally, try reload the original tune to see if can undo the process and confirm it fires up with the tune it came with?

Had the same issue after loading a new map, no click, nothing, had the battery on a charger. Disconnected the OBD cable and flipped the kill switch a few times and it started.

Had the same issue after loading a new map, no click, nothing, had the battery on a charger. Disconnected the OBD cable and flipped the kill switch a few times and it started.

on some cars where we clear codes we have to cycle the key three times to complete the operation.
just maybe it sets a code that wont let it start and doing the cycles help.
also there is a fall over sensor when it sets u have to cycle the ign switch
hth

If it was a ford and battery dies or computer crapped out in the middle of a download I would tell you to pull battery and touch the terminals for a few min (capacitive discharge) then re connect and try again with the software. Dunno if this works for our Rockets but this is common in the dealership when someone thinks they have " Brick'd" a module. 2 cents

Thanks for all the thoughts and concerns. I got it figured out. Actually came across a different post which solved my problem. I changed my handle bars and damaged the clutch sensor. When I realized what I had done I shorted the wire and the bike started right up. I remembered to do the ten min. Idle and will be checking the new tune tomorrow.
Thanks.

I am looking for info on the clutch sensor (attached to clutch lever). I am wondering if there will be any issues if I leave it permanently shorted.
I know with some bikes shorting the clutch lever sensor will actually change the way the bike performs, but I'm not sure about the Rocket.

I know with some bikes shorting the clutch lever sensor will actually change the way the bike performs, but I'm not sure about the Rocket.
Yes I found this while I was running the Rocket after putting engine back in. The swingarm, final drive and bevel box were off when I first tried it to check running and gear engagement. I noted that when I select second gear from Neutral the engine sound did not change when the gear indicator was showing 2 until the clutch switch was disengaged then the engine mapping seemed to change, this corresponds with the map I tables. What I'm try to say is unless the clutch switch goes back open, the engine runs on the I(N) map even with 2 showing on the gear position selector on the clocks, it didn't make the I(2nd) map engage till the clutch switch was out.

Back