Ignition/fuse block

There is power to #2 fuse. There is no power to the red wire terminal ( but that's with no remote in proximity to the bike, no clutch in)
Also instruments unplugged at the moment. Ok, again, to be thorough, none with instruments plugged in either.

Last edited:
You would only have power on red wire when the connectors are mated together - when connectors are decoupled then you would need to measure on the main harness side i.e. the side with female terminals, the white/blue wire

At fuse 2 did you check both tabs of the fuse?

Oops, did now, though, power to both sides of the fuse, power to the lower right corner terminal, the only white, or white and black wire, to the plug.

Both ground wire connector and plug to ignition, if I have the right ones, look great, ground wire connector looks like it was packed with grease yesterday. And I wiggled and pulled, red wire into connector feels rock solid.
IMG_20200205_115423638.jpg
IMG_20200205_114735599.jpg
That small negative that’s what he’s asking about, check continuity of that wire from the plug at the rectifier to the plug in your hand, disconnect at rectifier and check for continuity you probably have an audible beep on your multimeter or, did you do that when you showed you found it by holding it and snapping a picture? I read and never saw you say you tested that wire in your previous statements after Decosse asking you about that wire which comes from rectifier but in loom it grounds into loom and to that plug you held in picture as well

That small negative that’s what he’s asking about, check continuity of that wire from the plug at the rectifier to the plug in your hand, disconnect at rectifier and check for continuity you probably have an audible beep on your multimeter or, did you do that when you showed you found it by holding it and snapping a picture? I read and never saw you say you tested that wire in your previous statements after Decosse asking you about that wire which comes from rectifier but in loom it grounds into loom and to that plug you held in picture as well

I'm an hour into happy hour, and it's a chilly day for Florida, I'm on a bike, so I had 2 shots of Fireball, strictly for warmth, I will re-read all that tomorrow. :D but thanks.

Electrical genius I ain't, I just hooked up an intermatic timer, 2 pole, and it was working fine. But I looked in the morning and it stopped the timer when it shut off in the morning. I thought it was defective, jambed at the timer. Next day I was driving and it dawned on me I had the line and the load reversed, the clock obviously runs off the line side, so when it shut off, it shut it's own power off. Since corrected. :D

Last edited:
Electrical genius I ain't, I just hooked up an intermatic timer, 2 pole, and it was working fine. But I looked in the morning and it stopped the timer when it shut off in the morning. I thought it was defective, jambed at the timer. The room has to stay dark for 12 hours, so I couldn't do much. Next day I was driving and it dawned on me I had the line and the load reversed, the clock obviously runs off the line side, so when it shut off, it shut it's own power off. Since corrected. :D

Eat another cookie. :D

Back