Ignition/fuse block

Tripps

Retired superhero
Ride
R3T,Sprintona,K1200GT, Blackbird,r/65 hack
So the bike is dead. I have a keyless ignition, when I approach the bike, it does everything it should, goes through the whole cycle, but hitting the start there's nothing, no click, anything, and battery is good, even topped it off.
So I noticed the 20a ignition fuse was reversed with the 15a next to it, when I switched them, I noticed that the one in the ignition slot was loose, like just laying there
Swapped them, then changed both, but I can feel, if you know what I mean, that nothing is gripping the tabs of the ignition switch at all, it's loose, wiggles around in the hole, tried several times reinserting it. I'm 90% sure this is the problem, is there any easy way to bypass that fuse to confirm this? Thanks in advance.

Oh, jeez, I don't even need advice on it, I repulled the one next to it, the whole thing that grabs the fuse is completely gone, I don't get how it wasn't, or wasn't noticed when I pulled the 15a out? It disappeared, not laying on the clean concrete or on the old fuse I set in the open pannier lid. Looks like I'm changing my fuse block.

Alright, back to square one, now, I didn't start counting fuses from the right place, that's an unused hole, they weren't switched. So with the DEcosse system, you pull the clutch in, the red dash light goes out, good so far, except the ecu doesn't cycle, silence.
Any suggestions welcome. Messed with, wiggled, retried clutch, kickstand, gear position.

Last edited:
If the 30 amp fuse, or any of the other ones, are loose in their holder then you will have problems. Adjust the holder so that it is tight.

Then check your kill switch.

Then try using the old fashioned key.

Yeah, I checked that, fuses look good, and lights blink and everything, I already figured that I'll have to raise tank and try plugging in original ignition.

... So with the DEcosse system, you pull the clutch in, the red dash light goes out, good so far, except the ecu doesn't cycle, silence....

If you are saying the red dash light is on when you approach bike and when you pull the clutch it goes out, that says that the ignition circuit is completing (that's a function of the indicator lamp, it goes off when ignition comes on, so is not a distraction - to confirm it should come back on again when you hit the kill switch)
Can you elaborate please on "ECU doesn't cycle" - does dash sweep? Neutral/Oil light on etc?
Have you measured the battery voltage after you pull the clutch?

When I approach the bike, the signals blink, red dash light comes on, I pull the clutch in, light goes out, but that's it, no sound of systems readying, fuel pump, etc, I mean, when you hear it cycle, it's obvious, it's loud, no dash sweep, nothing. Releasing clutch causes red light back on, leaving proximity, light goes out, everything works normally up to the point you hit the start button, silence, no click.
Battery showed full, 13.3 volts, doesn't affect it hitting the ignition multiple times.

Pretty new battery, usually starts strong, no hesitation at all, 1.4 kw starter. Also made sure it was in neutral, does that rule out sidestand switch? Rode it home and parked it day before yesterday, no issues. Very damp here, hasn't been in rain, but dew makes everything wet, noticed surface moisture in the airbox, just wiped it out, but no actual water, more condensation.

IMG_20200204_164530695.jpg

Tripp’s fuse position 5 10amp instruments, fuel pump relay, starter relay, main power relay, it’s good right, you didn’t mention it above so just curious

I changed and swapped almost every fuse, just changed #5, no change

Back