Haggisboy

.040 Over
Heya fellas,

I'm in the process of installing a Translogic Quick Shifter kit on my 2010 Roadster. I'm having problems locating the connectors for the ignition coils. Can someone describe where they are?:confused:

Cheers!

From memory they are on the back of the coils, the opposite end from the spark-plug lead.

Again from memory the positive feed is continuous and the ground triggers the coil to spark.

Thats the quick shifter fitted.

The connectors which are fitted to the QS harness don't mate up with the ignition coil connectors. What I ended up doing is cutting off the connectors and fitting 6mm spade terminals to the ends of the wires. These can then be connected between the Ignition Coil Harness and the coils themselves.

Just taken it for a test run, works well. The gear shift is a bit jumpy, so I need to increase the interrupt a few mSec. It's easily done with the dial adjuster.

All in all I'm quite happy with it.

Thats the quick shifter fitted.

The connectors which are fitted to the QS harness don't mate up with the ignition coil connectors. What I ended up doing is cutting off the connectors and fitting 6mm spade terminals to the ends of the wires. These can then be connected between the Ignition Coil Harness and the coils themselves.

Just taken it for a test run, works well. The gear shift is a bit jumpy, so I need to increase the interrupt a few mSec. It's easily done with the dial adjuster.

All in all I'm quite happy with it.
Got any Picture's of the set up .......... Please:D curious if a QS makes it easier as with the Ostio Arthritis in the left Knee gear shifting can become painful at times on a longer rides

Got any Picture's of the set up .......... Please:D curious if a QS makes it easier as with the Ostio Arthritis in the left Knee gear shifting can become painful at times on a longer rides

Normally a quickshifter that does not require using the clutch to shift. However, your foot still needs to manipulate the shift linkage. The unit listed above does the shifting for you much like an electric shifter. Easy on the knees. But at low rpm this is hard on the transmission.

Annitori Racing makes a quick shifter unit for the Triumph 675 and 1050 engines that can be adapted to work on the Rockets by using different connectors on the coils. And it is a good bit less expensive.
Annitori Racing --- Product

I use a 'Kilktronic' gear accuator on my R3. works great and don't need to move your foot at all. Here's a picture of it and fits in with the rest of the chrome.

Attachments

• Ron - Kliktronic - smaller size pic.jpg
    Ron - Kliktronic - smaller size pic.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 284
Back