If there was 2 things you could add or change on the Rocket 3 what would they be?

First I am picking two things they could implement pretty easily of the 4 that need changing imho:

1: Inclusion of a data screen on the right digital Gauge area. It should show Voltage, oil temp, water temp, gear selected.
2: An optional "R" package, include Flyscreen, Belly pan, delete stripes, and add rebound compression adjustment to front and back suspension, charge 2k more it's a win/win for triumph and the customer!

These two I'd love to see happen but financially they will be more difficult to do for Triumph:
3: Optional 18" rear wheel
4: 6th Gear overdrive with a final ratio of 0.75:1, making 1-5 the same and 6th a true overdrive gear rather than doing a 6 speed that has 6th as 0.9:1 like most bikes.

1. Factory Cruise Control (including a retrofit kit for earlier models).
  2. Fixed Fairing including audio/sat/nav system. (something along the lines of the Kawasaki Voyager)
Harder to do but...

re work the gear ratios making 5th an overdrive. I hate shifting as it is and there's more than enough torque to spread the gear ratios out a bit.

Bring back some color they must have spent a butt ton of money deasigning two colored stripes to add to the overwelming color of Black. Not the I mind Black but it looked better when it was not every fricken Rocket.
Bring back the other two foot positions so you can have a Classic Roadster, Standard Roadster and the short leg version :)

All the above would take little to no re-design effort!!!!!!!

1)6th gear!
2)turn the bearclaw into a cold air intake allowing tank to be lowered or maybe even turning the tank into the airbox and put the fuel tank under the seat.

So many people assume the rocket is a girthy pig because the fuel tank is so big. This would also lower the center of gravity even more.

In order of importence to me personally

1. 6th gear, a proper overdrive gear rather than just another gear.

2. A proper electronic factory cruise control option

More power couldn't hurt either :rolleyes:

1: An engine that don't sound like a paint can
2: An gearbox that doesnt before at least 100k miles.

Back