I'm thinking hard about trading for the Roadster. I like the idea of ABS on a bike. Although there has been times when I wish my car didn't have them. It'd be nice if you could turn them off and on for rain and such. I had a deer run into the side of one of my cars, and felt like if I could have locked up the brakes, it could have been avoided. My sports car let's me turn off the traction control, which makes for fun in the twisties. Looks like they could do the same for ABS.

I think the thing with ABS is that it is a safety issue. You can't really determine when you will need it. It helps a great deal even on dry pavement in a panic stop situation. I had ABS on my FJR and it came in real handy a couple of times and no water anywhere near where I was. Turning it on and off defeats the purpose.
As far as choosing the R3T over the Roadster, I don't think I would trade mine for the new roadster. Yea, it has all the power, pulls great wheelies and burns off tires, but let's face it, how often are you going to smoke the tires before the cost of tires starts to get a little irritating. With a couple of mods to the R3T, I can smoke tires and pull wheelies also and I still have the bags and windscreen. I wonder what insurance cost differences will be between the two also.

Most insurance companies base off the displacement of the engine ... we are already at the top of the scale at 2294cc.

You know as well as I that there is absolutly no occasion where having the wheel slide on a bike is a good thing. Any kind of lock up while braking is dangerous especially on the front...Why not have it? Other than cost, what are the cons?

Baggage1, no, the bike isn't spoken for yet, but if worse comes...I believe I am asking a fair price ($10,000) ...Dennis
Your have a most desirable Rocket III and 10k is my top offer. Not that I need another right now.

HeR3tic, SOLD, your wife will be so glad you thought of her with this fine gift.

Dennis

25 dtg Dubai
26 dtg Home

I've never been a fan of linked brakes.

Yes, the R3 rear brake locks up quite easy. I practice stopping from 80 each and every week. This is a skill that gets rusty fast=only needed it one time, thank goodness.

I'd like ABS on all my bikes even with all the drills I do-panic is panic and it CAN get away from any rider-and every so often does.

ABS is nice to turn off when on the dirt-and yes, we take our R3's down some forest roads-several in state parks which get steep and quite slippery after a rain. Most every dual sport bike with ABS will allow the rider to turn it off. This is key when off pavement.

Finally, the overwhelming plus to the R3 is that there is NOTHING like it out there. It does not hurt that's it's a great bike anyway-but you cannot confuse it with any other motorcycle. It ain't no V-Twin, done to death, wannabe.

Rocky,
Your wife will love it,
I know mine does.
It's red too.
Since my wife is shorter than me,
hers only has the 225x50 on it.
where she has to almost tiptoe on mine,
she can sit on hers comfortably.
I was gonna get 1/2" shorter shocks if the tire alone didn't do it.
Congrats.
Not that much difference in where it runs out at compared to mine,
with the 55 on it.
Hers hits 3000RPM about 75MPH where mines at 3000 doin' 80.

Back