I can't raise the seat

You can add a special hidden cable pull in place of the front key one if it does not work just hide it so know one knows where it is.
Also sorry it took to long but I have been very busy.
Anyway after releasing the back like others reccomended I found you can release the front with along straight blad screw driver. you will still have to push down in the center of the seat so block the back up so it does not relatch.
firts two pictures 1 with front latch closed and the second with my finger pushing it open.

this next one is with the straight blade long screwdriver in place for operation. remember when you do this you will still have to push down in the center of the seat a little up the arch.

last is with a scope and the screw driver so you can see you can actually get at it with the seat on it. I tried it several times and it works.

hope this helps if it ever happens to you again. I would look at cable adjustment or maybe bending the arm the cable hooks up to to make the cable pull take up the slack earlier. Cable adjustment should be looked at first maybe down by the key lever.

Hi, I've had my Rocket for a few weeks now and I can't raise the seat no matter how hard I try. I have read the handbook and even given it to friends who are better than me with mechanical things (nearly all of them) but it won't budge.
It's an 07 Classic.
Any one know the secret?
:(
I can't raise the seat either, So if I piss on it, I piss on it....:D

All systems go!!!!!!!!!

Well thanks to you guys and a superhuman effort I got my newly replaced hip and the rest of me onto my bike and got out in the sun. Yee hah :cool:
Only did about 85 miles but went to a rally in Roldan, Murcia, a town so dull it's only a **** hole on a very good day!
Tons of bikes, a stunt rider and music (which I missed).
What the hell I was out on he bike.
Many more to come.....
Roldan2100313.jpg
[/IMG][/IMG]
Roldan100313.jpg
[/IMG]

Not great picS but it'll give you an idea of how many were there.
NO OTHER ROCKETS SPOTTED HA HA and guess what was attracting the attention?

Back