I can't raise the seat

Not in a position to try it yet, just had an operation on my leg but that's a lot of great options.
Thanks guys, I feel at home on the site already :D

I know how that feels I want to work on mine also but am limited. Did manage to undercoat Gracies new fenders man it stinks up here in the cumputer room!!! I think I will wonder down and look at her at least.

Can't see it

Hi guys
Thanks for the tips as I said previously.
Canberra, top effort mate but it didn't look at all like what I can see so I read the handbook again and it says

Rocket III Classic only - To remove the
seat, insert the ignition key into the seat lock
and turn it anti-clockwise while pulling on the
release cord located under the left hand rear
of the seat.

No release cord to be found anywhere. Lifted the seat as much as i could but I'm still on crutches so very limited movement.

Wtf is going on? :confused:

Hi guys
Thanks for the tips as I said previously.
Canberra, top effort mate but it didn't look at all like what I can see so I read the handbook again and it says

Rocket III Classic only - To remove the
seat, insert the ignition key into the seat lock
and turn it anti-clockwise while pulling on the
release cord located under the left hand rear
of the seat.

No release cord to be found anywhere. Lifted the seat as much as i could but I'm still on crutches so very limited movement.

Wtf is going on? :confused:

Here's my routine -

Stand on left side of bike (left from the perspective of sitting on the bike in riding position). The pull cord for the rear seat latch should be right next to you on your right side.

Reach across the seat and down to where the key tumbler is and turn the key with your left hand while pushing down your right fist into the middle rear of the front seat. Listen/feel for the front latch to let go. Hold the key in the turned position with your left hand.

Now use your right hand to pull the rear seat latch ring which will be near your right hip.

Note: the key tumbler and the rear seat pull cord are on opposite sides of the bike.

If you look at the pic in post #8 you'll see where the ring pull is located on the underside of the seat, just in front of the grab strap. It can virtually disappear under the seat - that's why I added the extra loop with the cable tie. Try making a small hook with some wire and see if you can jag it out.

Found the release catch

And released it. Rear of the seat has lifted but can't shift the front/middle of it.
This is driving me nuts. Is there anything else I should be doing?

Are you able to turn the key to release the front? First if you have not ried it do not force the key if you cannot because you will break the Key off:mad::mad:

Since you have the rear released I would tie it off so you could set it back down without it locking. If you have a friend that can help have him put weight on the middle of the seat first by just pushing down right in the center baut a little back like where it statrts to arc and rise up in the rear. Then see if the key will turn to release it. Some of this might sound stupid but I did not read the whole post so I will end for now and read to see what you have fully reported before I make a ass out of myself and upset you.

Are you able to turn the key to release the front? First if you have not ried it do not force the key if you cannot because you will break the Key off:mad::mad:

Since you have the rear released I would tie it off so you could set it back down without it locking. If you have a friend that can help have him put weight on the middle of the seat first by just pushing down right in the center baut a little back like where it statrts to arc and rise up in the rear. Then see if the key will turn to release it. Some of this might sound stupid but I did not read the whole post so I will end for now and read to see what you have fully reported before I make a ass out of myself and upset you.

It's possible he is just going to have to pee sitting down.....oops, sorry, I've been fighting this back for days :eek:

Ok after reading the thread completly I have come to the coclusions that there are good ideas but the first thing that needs to happen is you nead to heal enough to try some of them. Then I am sure your or with the help of these suggestions will suceed.

Back