I can't raise the seat

Jade Dragon

.020 Over
Hi, I've had my Rocket for a few weeks now and I can't raise the seat no matter how hard I try. I have read the handbook and even given it to friends who are better than me with mechanical things (nearly all of them) but it won't budge.
It's an 07 Classic.
Any one know the secret?
:(

Yuck.. I know I have to push down on my seat when I turn the key to unlock it, then it pops right off. I would hate to have it stuck on there though.

Which end isn't unlaching? If the back lifts after you pull the ring thingy and its the key that wont turn you have a couple of options. First try the fist in the seat as mentioned above. If that doesn't work, the cable from the key lock may have come unseated. This happened to me. Only way to get it off is the pry the seat up - don't worry, you can almost bend them over without damage so use plenty of force - until you can get a screw driver in to push the latch that the key normally operates. Took me hours to get this done but I had no idea what I was doing. It would help if you can take a look at one to see which way you need to go in, what to push and which direction. Maybe someone could post a pic - I can't just now as I have to go to work.

If this gets it off you need to relocate the cable and then tie it in place with a small cable tie so it won't happen again.

Same thing could have happened with the ring pull.

Good luck.

Welcome to the site by the way.

Here you go. Lift the seat on the left side as far as you can - you need a lot of force and don't be afraid to bend it. Get screw driver or something to push the latch towards the right side of the bike. You need to try to minimise the upward force on the latch post, which is tricky as you have the seat pried up but see how you go.

You can see where I put the cable tie. Strongly recommend this as a precautionary measure to everyone, by the way.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 197
For some reason I can't attach 2 pics on my iPad. This ones just a little closer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 178
Back