I can't raise the seat

And released it. Rear of the seat has lifted but can't shift the front/middle of it.
This is driving me nuts. Is there anything else I should be doing?

Push on the front seat with your right hand first. Press down hard in the middle back of the seat. Hold it there and reach down with you left hand to turn the key. If the key will turn and the front seat latch lets go, hold the key in the turned position and release the pressure on the front seat with your right hand.

Continue to hold the key turned and reach and pull the rear seat release ring with your right hand.

If the key won't work even after pressing on the seat as advised above, go back to posts 4, 5 and 6.

The pics are take from above the latch with the rear of the bike at the top of the pic.

From the left side of the bike lift the rear of the seat as high as you can. It can be forced up and even bent a little without damage. You need to get a screw driver or something in from the left side. It will be real tight and almost impossible to see what you are doing. You need to push on that latch that is just post the green OK sticker in the pic. Push on the bit of the rhs of the little spring you can see in the pic, ie the latch lever that the cable connects to.

It really sounds to me like the cable has popped out of the locator so it can't be pulled by the cable. You need to push it against that spring. So if this is laboured, but it will work.

Not in a position to try it yet, just had an operation on my leg but that's a lot of great options.
Thanks guys, I feel at home on the site already :D

I think this is what we need to have him do. Heal so he can try some of our ideas if we talk him into going out there in his condition he could get hurt. After he Heals up enough them I would try TD reccomendations first.

Last words posted by the man himself are "Is there anything else I should be doing". Telling him to go away and get well first didn't seem to be the advice he was asking for. But that's me.

Last words posted by the man himself are "Is there anything else I should be doing". Telling him to go away and get well first didn't seem to be the advice he was asking for. But that's me.

Hey bud I did not mean anything bad he pointed out he was lamed up and a bunch of suggestions were made I just pointed out that it was more important to heal up then go out there and try to do something and hurt or wore ruin what ever the doctors did. Now I have crated the same problem on Gracie and with the back released it is easy to get in with a long screw driver and manually action the lever the cable pulls to release the seat. Then once he has it off He can investigate as to whether there needs to be and if it is possible to adjust the cable length so it pulls better. It could also be once he is srong enough he can follow HD2slow's opriginal instructions which just might do the trick without any cable adjustments. I will take pictures of how to trigger the arm with a screw driver and also suggest if upi do not mind heating a screw driver up a little and bending the tip it would work even better.

You know, in some applications, when stuff just refused to budge, a little bit of det cord may have been employed as a field expedient way to move stuff! ;) :D

bob

Back