I am about to buy a Rocket III Roadster

Welcome from Germany!
How long do you have to use your $1000 credit? Agree with the rest, ride her a bit, research and then decide (assuming you have the choice). Don't take the dealers word either, read the fine print! As for price, couldn't tell you, bought mine brand new and 07 and haven't ever even dreamed of replacing her. But can tell you I got over $2000 off their showroom price cause they needed to make room for the 08s coming in!

Welcome!

If you've gotta pick the accessories right off the get-go I would go with TORs, Front Crash Bars, and then the flyscreen/windscreen in that order.

Should be able to get all that for a grand ;) though I imagine dealer markup on parts is even worse than on the bike. But you can install all 3 of those yourself in under an hr!

How much they will come down depends on the amount of leverage you have.

If you walk in, prepared to pay cash, you should be able to get them to drop a grand off the price plus get the 1000 credit. If they try to use the credit as the sweetener in the deal, and wont come down at all in price, walk away go see another dealer.

That 1k, does not come out of their pocket, and it shouldn't be used as leverage.

Bought mine a couple months ago. i got the sissy bar, crash bars, and flyscreen. I wish i had the windscreen. Love the look of the flyscreen, but functionally above 60 mph it doesnt help much. Welcome from Alabama!!!!

... yes, indeed, with false teeth, a bad stutter and shaky hands!:laugh:

Welcome to the site from New Jersey, Captain Sean!

As others have said, take your time and get to know the beast and you will choose your trinkets more wisely.;)

Back