I am about to buy a Rocket III Roadster

Sean2340

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket iii Roadster
I am planning to buy a Rocket III Roadster tomorrow. I was wonder how much does the dealer typically come off of the price? Also what accessories would you recommend i get? Triumph is giving $1000 in credit.
Thanks for any input!

Damm im jealous, was only 4 months ago i got the Mrs to drop me off to pick up my brand new R3R , it's a high i want to have over and over.

As for accessories they are more something you will decide you need after you have spent a bit of time in a saddle, also depends on what sort of riding you do, what climate/conditions you live in and what ergonomics you require to be comfy. I'd say go for a rear rack/back rest type of upgrade or even some saddle bags , a screen is handy as is highway bars and highway pegs...........

Welcome Sean form one of the Aussies..... As @Wrecka said, time in the saddle will make it pretty clear as to what suits you....
It's been just over 3 years since I picked up my R3R:thumbsup:

Hello Sean and welcome from VA. Where are you located in the Good ol' U.S. of A? Besides the bags and windscreen, you may want to think of the TORs upgrade for the exhaust with new tune. That one thing on my Touring has given me much enjoyment; but then again, my bike came with bags and screen already.

G'day and Welcome Sean .. good advice , waiting and see what you reckon will improve your ride. As for Wrecka suggesting you get a screen , I nearly hurt myself laughing. Much time and efforts been spent trying to 'suggest' he get one himself .. hang around this joint , it's a chuckle :D

G'day and Welcome Sean .. good advice , waiting and see what you reckon will improve your ride. As for Wrecka suggesting you get a screen , I nearly hurt myself laughing. Much time and efforts been spent trying to 'suggest' he get one himself .. hang around this joint , it's a chuckle :D
I got a flyscreen , a screen it is :)

I know it depends on the particular dealer, as to what kind of deal you get, and I don't like to drop names. However when I bought my Rocket, paid in full with a cashiers check, I think I got a great deal. And my dealer has price tags with "out the door prices" on all their bikes. No BS hidden charges. Mine cost a total of 16,000, tax, tag, prep,shipping, everything included. Much unlike the hardley I have parked in my barn. It was a new 2006 sportster 883 "custom" (21" front wheel, forward controls) bike was 10,000, after adding $650 dealer prep, shipping, etc. etc. it was close to 12,000. After I paid it off, 12.9% interest, I had a bit more than I paid for my Rocket. That's why it's sitting in the barn. I'd rather watch it turn into dirt, than take a beating trying to sell it. Never again. Live and learn. I guess the sales ***** with the big tittys thought I looked like a good sucker, (I WAS). Never even got a kiss!

Hi Sean and Welcome. Get to know your new toy, read up on here and get ideas then when you feel you need a change for the better, time to tinker. Enjoy

hello from Atlanta GA. Their is great advice and knowledge here. Being new to the Rocket myself I agree with the wait and get to know your ride. Look and read the posts here, save your money then go get what you want. this will prevent you from having accessory remorse.

Back