How sensitive is the Triumph alarm

azmerlin

.020 Over
Ride
T Rocker III
Hey all,

Just installed a new Triumph/Datatool alarm, all seems to be working fine, ferry mode, on/off and so on, but compared to other cheaper alarms I have installed in past bikes, it seems very insensitive, I really need to move the whole bike to make it go off where as in the past, a small kick would do it, is this normal or maybe due to the orientation I have it in?

You can insult it all you want and it won't lose its temper. Triumph make things tough, not like these sensitive lemon drops of today.

Hey all,

Just installed a new Triumph/Datatool alarm, all seems to be working fine, ferry mode, on/off and so on, but compared to other cheaper alarms I have installed in past bikes, it seems very insensitive, I really need to move the whole bike to make it go off where as in the past, a small kick would do it, is this normal or maybe due to the orientation I have it in?
Mine doesn't even sound if you literally dance over the bike. Only starting it activates the alarm. Still trying to find out how to make it work in next visit to the dealer...

my mechanic prefers to install a different brand (TecnoGlobe alarm classified SRA) given the problems they had with the Triumph model (I understand due to its instability)

Back