Would have to disagree I know the wait was a bit longer than normal but I was never in fear of not getting the pipes, I know they are very busy and very good at what they do but an email explaining things would have been nice, plus the fact that I have two Rockets and three other bikes was not getting me to upset.
If they fit as snug as mine do I am wondering how tight they will be when you get them coated ?

Yes received the pipes Art, Eric did mention that they were very busy, glad the wait is over but maybe an email keeping the customer in the loop would help.:D

Agreed... I think most people are fairly reasonable as long as you let them know what's going on. We might not be very happy about it but at least mentally, your not left ruminating about what the hell is going on. Even more so if you've taken a "financial leap of faith". What's worse than waiting is being told when something will be ready and it is not. Especially when it drags on for weeks or even months. I've heard some shocking stories about warranty issues...
I'm glad you finally got your exhaust and it was worth the wait :thumbsup::thumbsup:
T.

imo Any company that takes FULL payment up front is intrinsically weak somewhere.
That or too many of their customers are flakey - in itself shows something about the business model.
Pipes are paid upfront, because they are supposed to be shipped right out. As they are made by someone else, controlling how fast they are made is sort of out of their control. When I ordered my pipes they were in stock, and delivered in less than a week.
All motor work is paid after the work is complete.

I do agree with other comments about them being overbooked, and should have more than 1 mechanic doing everything.

Agreed... I think most people are fairly reasonable as long as you let them know what's going on. We might not be very happy about it but at least mentally, your not left ruminating about what the hell is going on. Even more so if you've taken a "financial leap of faith". What's worse than waiting is being told when something will be ready and it is not. Especially when it drags on for weeks or even months. I've heard some shocking stories about warranty issues...
I'm glad you finally got your exhaust and it was worth the wait :thumbsup::thumbsup:
T.
@Tonester Tony - besides the similar wait and stuffing around, what where the pipes you got from Hornsby Triumph, were they chrome Roadster TORS?

they are supposed to be shipped right out. As they are made by someone else, controlling how fast they are made is sort of out of their control.
Key word there (supposed) - And as for the other - it's called stock control. No Stock - don't take payment. Just say - it'll be a week or so - we'll bill when it's shipped.

@Tonester Tony - besides the similar wait and stuffing around, what where the pipes you got from Hornsby Triumph, were they chrome Roadster TORS?
No it wasn't Hornsby (Procycles) they have been fantastic with me! (More on that one later ;)) I got my Chrome TORS from Peter Stevens in Melbourne. When the Mufflers went AWOL, they went above and beyond to get it sorted out :thumbsup::thumbsup: To the best of my knowledge it was the courier service. They got a few of their orders mixed up and my TORS got sent to the other side of Victoria. Left on some guys verandah for about a week:eek::eek::eek: He had no clue what it was. All good now though. Australia Post stepped up and worked with Peter Stevens to solve the mystery.
T.

I showed the coating guy how it all fits together and he slid them in and out a few times, said he has not had a problem with ceramic coating as it is not as thick as powder coating, will wait and see:(

Well **** you did get the sidewinder.... lol

Theres is a thread on here where a fellow installed his sidewinder and had installation problems. However he worked them out and I believe everything is OK now. Might want to see if you can find it. Definitely dry fit everything.

I thought purchasing the sidewinder came coated with ceramic of the color of choice?

If and I say if you have problems then it's probably good that it isn't coated. That way you don't have to worry about scratching the coating. I do remember the springs will scratch the **** out of the coating so be very careful. I would tape up those areas(after coating) when you install the springs so if anything goes wrong you wont cause any damage.

I don't want to sound like a black cloud hanging over your exhaust installation.... just trying to throw some things out there. If we lived closer together I would come on by and help out. Post more pics..

Back