How do you load your Rocket?

What ever happened to travelling light? Was a time when I would head off on a long weekend 3 nights away ride with a toothbrush stuffed in one of my socks. No wet gear just the clothes I was wearing, gloves and leather jacket. Spent some pretty miserable nights I will admit thats why I travell with a big fat comfortable swag now. Trying to make up for all those nights sleeping on the ground beside my bike in jacket and jeans.
I understand completely and that is why I adopt the moto, "any fool can be uncomfortable". Being in the military I have spent many nights either on the ground or in a hole, cold, wet and miserable.......when I travel....it's all about comfort! I still love camping but I also like being warm and dry as well, with a little planning it's easy to have it all.

What ever happened to travelling light? Was a time when I would head off on a long weekend 3 nights away ride with a toothbrush stuffed in one of my socks. No wet gear just the clothes I was wearing, gloves and leather jacket. Spent some pretty miserable nights I will admit thats why I travell with a big fat comfortable swag now. Trying to make up for all those nights sleeping on the ground beside my bike in jacket and jeans.

Being drunk as three men I could sleep just about anywhere.. wasn't really sleeping , more slipping into unconsciousness .. motel rooms these days after a good day on the road. Older and wiser and way more of a comfort-seeker these days.

Back