How do you load your Rocket?

My longest non-stop trip (and I did it twice) was across OZ, 4,000k's or 2,500 miles in 44 hours. That was in a car, a '66 Humber Vogue. My longest non stop on the bike was 1,300 miles in 26 hours from Birmingham, AL to Santa Fe NM.

Hardly any borders now really - except to/from the UK. And thinking back I cant remember having to stop Germany-Holland-Belgium in the early '90's either. I'm planning a round trip to do the Romanian pass roads - 2000miles each way - having to stop to bloody fill up will be a bigger PITA than slowing down at borders.

man !!! the pictures on that mountain road make me salivate .....lucky bugger , I 'll have to fly back there and do it before I get feeble.

man !!! the pictures on that mountain road make me salivate .....lucky bugger , I 'll have to fly back there and do it before I get feeble.
In the late 80's I lived in Europe (Germany, Schwarzwald area) and rode a sports bike, loved every minute of it. I just wish it would have been later in life when I had that opportunity. All I mean by that is I would have had a greater appreciation for the scenery and a lot more time on my hand. Back then I just wore a backpack and no more than overnight trips....work got in the way.

In the late 80's I lived in Europe (Germany, Schwarzwald area) and rode a sports bike, loved every minute of it. I just wish it would have been later in life when I had that opportunity. All I mean by that is I would have had a greater appreciation for the scenery and a lot more time on my hand. Back then I just wore a backpack and no more than overnight trips....work got in the way.
well .. I was lucky enough to spend 3 summer months in 2010 riding every mountain passes in the alps on my R3 (flew it to frankfurt) and naturally went through furtwangen on my way south.
I am going to figure out another ride there and do the romanian roads.... care to join?

Works for me...
DSC00159b.jpg

2.jpg

Two up for two weeks with 1 rucksack and pair of Givi throwovers, most of the stuff belonged to my wife I can manage with 1 small bag and a credit card!
Pete

Agree. Put as much weight as you can between the axles. I generally put the heavy bag on the seat and save the rack for a smaller one with my spare jacket/pants (and things like a bike cover). I found that with a load on, even with the heaviest stuff low down in saddled bags, the front will come up easier on acceleration. I notch up the pre load on the rear shocks a little and never really notice much difference in handling.

IMG_0139.JPG

All that $hit for only one Aussie????
Holy load on, Batman! :laugh:

Here is our traveling set up. Beetles stuffed to the brim, backpack weighs probably 50-60 lbs. Looks like a disaster waiting to happen. Actually can barely tell the backpack is on there. Amazed the $hit outta me :)

PICT1941.JPG
PICT1940.JPG

That's damm good - especially traveling with a woman!
Kudos to ya!

Back