How can I lift the whole bike?

That is a good idea and very easy to make as well plus all Rockets have the lugs underneath.

Better yet might be one that goes completely across with a through shaft you slip through both lugs. That would preclude any rocking.

I can make one up to see if it works or not.....let me see.;)

That is a good idea and very easy to make as well plus all Rockets have the lugs underneath.

Better yet might be one that goes completely across with a through shaft you slip through both lugs. That would preclude any rocking.

I can make one up to see if it works or not.....let me see.;)

Hurry !!! I would like a set. :)

Kindest Regards,

-Will

Talked to Pigger on the phone last night about some other stuff and I mentioned the idea with a modification, making the mount one piece with a removable through shaft so you there would only be one fixture instead of two. You'd put the fixture up to the lugs and slide the shaft through both lugs and the fixture at the same time plus I'd make the bottom wider than the outside of the lugs to add stability on the jack.

I know when I jacked mine up, there was an issue with it being tippy and I, for one, don't want the tank to turn turtle. I did that with my Bonnie before the sidecar was on and it cost me about 250 bucks for my stupidity (mirror, turnsignal and a new set of handlebars).

The problem seems to be that the lug spacing isn't uniform. Pigger told me that Rivco has problems with it's centerstand fitting, but then, Rivco's tip over bars don't exactly fit either. I had to take a die grinder to mine to get the lower mount to line up.

I need to lift her up in the air and fiddle around under there and see what I can come up with. I don't use my jack anymore (though it's tits for the lawnmower blade sharpening scenario). I use my overhead hoist and a web machinery sling.

It ssems to me that a one piece fixture would be better than 2 individual parts, parts to get misplaced, or lost. I'm thinking that the through shaft would have a hairpin cotter on each end to keep it captive and holes in the bottom of the fixture so you could bolt it right to the jack if you wanted. I'm not keen on the weld on the example parts either. It looks as though the uprights were slotted and the shaft welded in....not really good practice. It would have been better (at least in the example) to through drill a hole and weld the shaft in.

It's a bloddy ***** to get the jack positioned correctly for a 'both wheel lift'. You have to get the back runner of the jack far enough back and be careful of the starter and in my case, the cat box. I have a dent in mine to attest to that.

I'll elevate her this weekend and get underneath and have a look see.

Hopefully, I don't step on anyones toes like I did with the Radiator Inserts. I'll try to build a better mousetrap.:D

This looks like the best solution yet, Mark!

Is it easy to use,failsafe and stable?

i had to use 3 jacks when i changed my tire a few weeks ago the motorcycle and 2 small floor jacks a little more work but did the job

The Brits are using these:

Maybe we could get Flip to add something like this to his site.

Got a set of these and they don't quite just slip in as shown on my 06 Classic from the inside like this. Seem to be hitting. Grind em down?

Back