Hot motor; R3. Hot leg

I can't be a man but I deal with the heat
:p
But like the fact that I'm am opposite of a man so is the heat that makes me uncomfortable. The right side doesn't bother me. But my left leg gets so hot it feels like my jeans are getting a good starch job! I have to pull my knee away from the tank and try and get some air on my inner calf! :confused:

I agree just deal with it. The weather will be cold one day.

Sorry Dusty...I forgot that there are some women who ride the Rocket as well...my apologies...but the general idea is the same...once I was moving on mine the heat just didn't seem to be a factor anymore.

Dennis

Sorry Dusty...I forgot that there are some women who ride the Rocket as well...my apologies...but the general idea is the same...once I was moving on mine the heat just didn't seem to be a factor anymore.

Dennis

Lol no apology needed. I was being wise-arse I'm a woman in a mans world :rolleyes: but your right if you like to ride you gotta suck it up ;) I'll be glad for some cooler weather here in Oklahoma so I can go riding and enjoy it. This morning feels fantastic but I have to make a trip to OK City to take the grandbaby to the doctor.....be glad when shes old enough to go riding with Mammie! :D

I have powder coated the heat shields black and used exhaust wrap on the headers and that has decreased the heat considerably. Believe it or not, even after riding for hours I can pat the heat shields with my palm (not leave it there of course). Could never have done that before without searing my flesh off!

Yes.. most likely putting the original exhaust back on will resolve the problem. It sounds like the previous owner bolted on the Jardines but didn't make the necessary fuel adjustments to go with.

It looks like you are correct TxRIIIRider.

Switched back to the OEM exhaust today.
Took it out for a 50 mile test ride. Much cooler on the legs (but I hate it when a bug gets into my Y Fronts!!!) I did wear a T shirt.;)

Cooler on the motor and me! and much less of the rear popping and explosions when de-celerating.

A little less HP but I am very happy with the results.

In time I will get the "custom map; available from Dynojet for use with their power commander" and re-install the Jardines.
(The Jardine installation instructions were found in the box that the original pipes were stored)

I may take the bike to the local dealer to check out the sustem. Now, I don't know how the computer was programmed.
I would like to get it back to a measerable OEM spec.

Greetings. Eric.

It looks like you are correct TxRIIIRider.

Switched back to the OEM exhaust today.
Took it out for a 50 mile test ride. Much cooler on the legs (but I hate it when a bug gets into my Y Fronts!!!) I did wear a T shirt.;)

Cooler on the motor and me! and much less of the rear popping and explosions when de-celerating.

A little less HP but I am very happy with the results.

In time I will get the "custom map; available from Dynojet for use with their power commander" and re-install the Jardines.
(The Jardine installation instructions were found in the box that the original pipes were stored)

I may take the bike to the local dealer to check out the sustem. Now, I don't know how the computer was programmed.
I would like to get it back to a measerable OEM spec.

Greetings. Eric.
if you have a PCV with Auto Tune I have a map that give you what you need send me a PM with your e-mail address

Hanso,
A newby drongo here with a 2012 R3R. I be no knocker, so be gentle . . .
If Auto Tune with the PCV does everything as you say, why is your tune necessary?
Now, if you are not mad as a cut snake, may I forge ahead with one more question?
Are your tunes different relative to the various combos of stock pipes, 3 K&Ns, aftermarket pipes?
Sharing your experience and knowledge is ace and I appreciate it.
1olasskisserbull:D

Hanso,
A newby drongo here with a 2012 R3R. I be no knocker, so be gentle . . .
If Auto Tune with the PCV does everything as you say, why is your tune necessary?
Now, if you are not mad as a cut snake, may I forge ahead with one more question?
Are your tunes different relative to the various combos of stock pipes, 3 K&Ns, aftermarket pipes?
Sharing your experience and knowledge is ace and I appreciate it.
1olasskisserbull:D
No Fuffin Wallies Mate
The PCV has to have a Map or Tune If you like call it what ever this consists of a AFR Target table and a FUEL Table, now if you only bought the PCV you would then need to use one of DynoJets generic maps which will make the bike run smooth but it is middle of the range AFR table and the fuel table is done on a bike in thier work shop NOT your bike, of course you can always go to a DynoJet equipped dyno and get it running better BUT if you make any changes eg diff exhaust etc you have to go through the whole process again = more $.
Where My map is different is that I have copied Wayne Tripp's AFR Target Table which he uses in all the Rocket tunes he has done using TuneBoy and TuneECU, the beauty of this table is that the AFR table aims to get the best power where you want it and the best economy where you need it where as the DynoJet uses Very middle of the road AFR's of 13.2 and either side by only a very small amount my AFR ranges from 12.7 to 14.5 I have consulted Wayne himself and previously also had a long chat with a DynoJet authorised dyno guy who I had do a run on my bike last year and while I cant disclose who he is, he actually said that the TuneECU Tune (which was one with Wayne's AFR table in tune) I had in the bike at the time was better than the DynoJet maps he had at his disposal
The Auto Tune uses the AFR's in the Map to create the AFR trim table which will become your Fuel table after you have acepted the trims once you do 100 or so miles
I hope that it explains it All to you

No Fuffin Wallies Mate
The PCV has to have a Map or Tune If you like call it what ever this consists of a AFR Target table and a FUEL Table, now if you only bought the PCV you would then need to use one of DynoJets generic maps which will make the bike run smooth but it is middle of the range AFR table and the fuel table is done on a bike in thier work shop NOT your bike, of course you can always go to a DynoJet equipped dyno and get it running better BUT if you make any changes eg diff exhaust etc you have to go through the whole process again = more $.
Where My map is different is that I have copied Wayne Tripp's AFR Target Table which he uses in all the Rocket tunes he has done using TuneBoy and TuneECU, the beauty of this table is that the AFR table aims to get the best power where you want it and the best economy where you need it where as the DynoJet uses Very middle of the road AFR's of 13.2 and either side by only a very small amount my AFR ranges from 12.7 to 14.5 I have consulted Wayne himself and previously also had a long chat with a DynoJet authorised dyno guy who I had do a run on my bike last year and while I cant disclose who he is, he actually said that the TuneECU Tune (which was one with Wayne's AFR table in tune) I had in the bike at the time was better than the DynoJet maps he had at his disposal
The Auto Tune uses the AFR's in the Map to create the AFR trim table which will become your Fuel table after you have acepted the trims once you do 100 or so miles
I hope that it explains it All to you

even I understood so I will check with you as well when I buy the PCV

Back