Hoppe Industries - Batwing Fairing

Hi lads;
The hoppe fairing is second to none. It's immaculate finish and flawless fibreglass work is a work of art. The tight fit to the bike makes it look and feel stock. It truly gives my Triumph Rocket III Touring the bagger look I was going for. The fairing audio system itself is fairly basic when it comes to settings etc but it sounds great and is obviously marine grade.

I did have a couple of minor issues;

1. The plug n play harness that connects underneath the fairing is made of a ridged plastic. This plastic connector was hitting the triple tree and not allowing me to bolt the fairing on. I had to trim some of the plastic away and use electrical tape in order to properly mount the fairing. If Hoppe had of moved the connection port on the fairing about a 1/2" forward towards the front this wouldn't have been an issue.

2. The written install directions for hooking up the electrical and the actual wiring harness colours were not the same, not even close. The wires in the wiring harness were also labelled which made it initially confusing. Luckily I've had some previous experience hooking up car audio and muddled through it with out to much confusion.

3. The pouches the provided me don't seem to fit but I will reevaluate that in the morning after some rest! That being said its doubtful..

Other than the aforementioned all in all a straight forward install of a fantastic product.

Attachments

• 20150505_222433-01.jpeg
    20150505_222433-01.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 25
  • 20150505_214953-01.jpeg
    20150505_214953-01.jpeg
    1,018.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 20150505_222513-01.jpeg
    20150505_222513-01.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
  • 20150505_222422-01.jpeg
    20150505_222422-01.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
  • 20150505_215009-01.jpeg
    20150505_215009-01.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 22
Gorgeous! Thanks for the review. Enjoy :)
When you get it out for a ride I'd love to hear how the aerodynamics work.
I will definitely get one of these for my ride, curious whether to go with a higher windshield and what kind of lower air deflectors are needed.

Gorgeous! Thanks for the review. Enjoy :)
When you get it out for a ride I'd love to hear how the aerodynamics work.
I will definitely get one of these for my ride, curious whether to go with a higher windshield and what kind of lower air deflectors are needed.

Absolutely I'll be going out first thing in the morning :)

Looks great, look forward to seeing it. Left mine back in Ottawa this week for some warranty work, I was getting some pretty bad feedback about GP cycle, thought I would get my guys to do it.

GP Bikes is a great store... I wouldn't think twice about bringing my bike there. In fact thats where i do go.

GP Bikes is a great store... I wouldn't think twice about bringing my bike there. In fact thats where i do go.
I don't doubt you, my fuel truck driver went 2 months without his bike for a simple gasket, another lad I ran into at the hotel was so mad at them, he traded his brand new thunderbird at Mackie for a Harley.....that's pretty angry. I have gone in< friendly folk, bought a throttle lock for $15 , cant beat that, my dealership also had the parts in as well, it made sense to leave it behind this week. They have changed the weather forecast for next week, hope to bring it back.

Tank, your bike looks great with that fairing. The lines flow perfectly. I have been wanting to get a fairing for mine for some time now and was about to pull the trigger on a Wide Open Customs unit, until I saw your pics. The fit is perfect. I will be going with the Hoppe, even though it is considerably more expensive. the pics on the Hoppe website doesn't do it justice. I am very interested to know how stable the bike is with it at higher speeds and how is low speed turning, does it make the front end feel to heavy?

Thanks, Ridefree

To be honest Tank I can't usually stand anything like that BUT your bike looks gorgeous. The single seat, its colour, chrome accents and hard paniers look awesome and the fairing caps it all off. It really compliments the Rocket.
Never thought I'd say it but it looks superb. Well done

Tank, your bike looks great with that fairing. The lines flow perfectly. I have been wanting to get a fairing for mine for some time now and was about to pull the trigger on a Wide Open Customs unit, until I saw your pics. The fit is perfect. I will be going with the Hoppe, even though it is considerably more expensive. the pics on the Hoppe website doesn't do it justice. I am very interested to know how stable the bike is with it at higher speeds and how is low speed turning, does it make the front end feel to heavy?

Thanks, Ridefree

Watcher had a Wide Open Customs fairing on his Touring, looked GREAT.
I want one but with some gauges and a slot to put my Garmin 665 in. No speakers ,my UClear Bluetooth has great speakers.

Back