Hoppe Industries - Batwing Fairing

Tank

Supercharged
Hey all;
Just a little update; i ordered my Hoppe Batwing fairing about two weeks ago. I received a phone call yesterday from John Hoppe advising that he had just received my fairing back from the paint shop.

He told me that he noticed a small run in the paint on the inside lower part of the fairing. He gave me the opportunity to take the fairing with the run in it and he would discount me the paint price or I could send it back for repainting.

I elected to send it back. I spent $2200 USD which ended up being $3099CAD. So I figured i was already into it for a boatload of cash so it might as well be perfect.

I'm happy that John Hoppe called me and told me about the issue before shipping. This speaks positively to his quality control and customer service. Shipping to canada is $175 USD. So it would not have been a fun experience shipping it back.

Can't wait to get the fairing and I'll do a full review and pictures when i get it

You lads think i made the right choice getting it repainted right?!

Hey all;
Just a little update; i ordered my Hoppe Batwing fairing about two weeks ago. I received a phone call yesterday from John Hoppe advising that he had just received my fairing back from the paint shop.

He told me that he noticed a small run in the paint on the inside lower part of the fairing. He gave me the opportunity to take the fairing with the run in it and he would discount me the paint price or I could send it back for repainting.

I elected to send it back. I spent $2200 USD which ended up being $3099CAD. So I figured i was already into it for a boatload of cash so it might as well be perfect.

I'm happy that John Hoppe called me and told me about the issue before shipping. This speaks positively to his quality control and customer service. Shipping to canada is $175 USD. So it would not have been a fun experience shipping it back.

Can't wait to get the fairing and I'll do a full review and pictures when i get it

You lads think i made the right choice getting it repainted right?!
How much was the discount had you taken the flaw? Also, no one may have ever noticed the paint run. But you will always know its there. What is peace of mind worth?

How much was the discount had you taken the flaw? Also, no one may have ever noticed the paint run. But you will always know its there. What is peace of mind worth?

It was only $175USD. So not a lot.

It WAS only you who would know till you told all us, so yes, good call, I would be looking for it when I see your ride this spring.....if it ever comes.

Your right, I'd see it everytime i got on the bike..... Have you got your bike out this way yet?

Your right, I'd see it everytime i got on the bike..... Have you got your bike out this way yet?
Not yet, I was tempted, but the weather reports on Fridays when I want to ride home have been always -C temps. hopefully in a couple weeks I can bring it up on a regular basis.

IT SHIPPED, IT SHIPPED.....

I called today to get an update and they advised they had just finished packing it up.

So of course i say any chance i can add the pouches before it ships and without prompt she advised me because I've had to wait so long they'd throw in the set of pouches for free.

One thing is for sure; HOPPE = Amazing customer service. I truly believe the delay was out of their control and was directly the paint shop they are currently using.

I can't wait till it arrives and I get it installed.

More to come.... I'm installing it tonight...

Attachments

• IMG_20150504_195030.jpg
    IMG_20150504_195030.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
  • 20150504_195710.jpg
    20150504_195710.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
  • 20150504_195236.jpg
    20150504_195236.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
Looks nice!
Looking forward to seeing it on your bike :)
I've always loved fairings but never had a bike with one. I'd be curious to hear both how it looks and the aerodynamics of it.

Good luck with the install!
Vicariously excited for you :)

Back