Holy Crap My Classic is back (inside my Tourer!)

rocket31998

Supercharged
I cannot describe the intensity of feeling of getting my cheeks glued back to my ears again! I thought it was all lost when I lost my Classic! Now that my Triples, TORS and Tune are done, it feels like Deja Vu! Today was the first time I got it out on the open road since my Mod was done and Holy Crap! Words can't describe the feeling! It's back!!:D

Throw a GiPro on there and be amazed once again! It'll give you the power you have in 5th, in 1st gear.

It's primarily a gear position indicator. But it also has ATRE, Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator. Triumph builds in that pesky 1st to 3rd gear power reduction for safety reasons, The GiPro eliminates it. It also cuts out the top end speed limiter, but you probably have that with a Tuneboy too. It basically makes the engine think its in 4th or 5th where it is allowed to develope full power unrestricted by the ECM.
On a regular R3, it and taking out the secondaries turns the bike into a space shuttle.

Last edited:
It's primarily a gear position indicator. But it also has ATRE, Advanced Timing Retard Eliminator. Triumph builds in that pesky 1st to 3rd gear power reduction for safety reasons, The GiPro eliminates it. It also cuts out the top end speed limiter, but you probably have that with a Tuneboy too. It basically makes the engine think its in 4th or 5th where it is allowed to develope full power unrestricted by the ECM.

You convinced me! I just jumped on the Group Buy! :D

does the phrase "rocket on steroids" mean anything?
Wheelies on demand, even if you ain't careful.
There's the difference.:D

Despite everything I had read on here I didn't believe that it could be as scary fast as my Classic was until I cranked the throttle! Now I am a believer!!

Despite everything I had read on here I didn't believe that it could be as scary fast as my Classic was until I cranked the throttle! Now I am a believer!!

When I was the first one to buy a Tuneboy and while I was working with Wayne to develop that tune, I kept hearing 'if you wanted that much power you should have just bought a Standard/Classic'. Its kind of nice to hear that a few others have discovered that just because you want a slightly different style Rocket doesn't mean you still don't want a REAL Rocket.

Just remember, when you whack that throttle open, you don't have that 240 tire back there. Better make sure she's upright and pointed straight ahead.

Back