rocketbill

Supercharged
Ride
2013 Rocket 3 Touring
Decided to try the shinko se890 journey back tire, I always get low mileage from back tires as in 4k or so. If i get 5 that is good. Tire change went reasonably well until putting it back on. The brake piece just would not fit in with the spacer. Thought maybe the tire was not fully seated in the drive but it was. Well after hours figured out that I had jacked under the shaft drive and the frame and it was not equal causing it to be off just enough to be a problem. I dont know if anybody can spot any safety problems with how i jacked up my bike?.

Attachments

• IMG_0334.jpg
    IMG_0334.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 43
In my opinion, the swing arm should be free, resting, not torqued in anyway when removing and installing the rear tire. I see safety concerns with something being bound up, to make sure nothing is bound or out, I would raise the bike with the rear free as a bird and loosen, axle and brake reaction bolt and torque in order all over. Over torque is not helpful on the aluminum spacers. Several guys are going with that shinko se890 journey this year im curious to see how it performs on the big girls.

Yup, it can be a beech. I've got a new Bridgstone mounted up on a spare rear wheel, ready to go into my 05, but have put it off for a couple months now..... maybe today ??? Thought about using an engine hoist connected to the 2 top shock mounts. Sounds OK, just will have the engine hoist/legs to work around. Might just use my motorcycle jack like I have in the past. It's just a little hairy if you have to shake and wiggle to get the drive engaged, etc. etc.:cool:

Yup, that's why I have not tried it yet. Thought about coming from rear, sideways, legs will still be in the way. Might hang a chain from a tree. Not in a big hurry, have 5 other bikes needing attention. Just hung a new tag on my 2013, and have 2 harley sportsters ride able. Have new fuel pump for the drag Rocket, to mount up and re-plumb. New rear tire/wheel for the 05, carbs got to come back off the Kawasaki, to see what I did wrong??? on and on. "no rest for the wicked" and I've been a very bad boy!:cool:

Back