Help! Triple K&N's

tsmith

.040 Over
Installed Triple K&N filters on my bike yesterday and followed the directions on this forum but don't know what to do with the air pressure sensor on the front right corner of the air box? I got the 2011 roadster and there is no mention of this sensor on the thread.

Please help. I don't want to ride too much for fear of possible damage until I figure this out.

By the way all other instructions and pic's were great and the claw cut so easily. Will post some pic's when done.

I lengthened the harness and cut a hole in the first filter to insert it into the airflow. I used a hot glue gun to fabricate a grommet that it snaps into like it had in the plastic plenum.

I lengthened the harness and cut a hole in the first filter to insert it into the airflow. I used a hot glue gun to fabricate a grommet that it snaps into like it had in the plastic plenum.

Which filters are you using?

RU-2780's, they fit under a stock bearclaw until you get the gonads to cut on it.

cool. already did the bearclaw a while back. would you take a pic of how you have the sensor mounted in the filter? I know frank did it with the larger filters, but I haven't seen it done with the smaller ones.

Why move the pressure sensor? Is it dislocated by removing the air plenum on 2011 models?

The temp sensor is left without a home when the grey plastic plenum is removed, that's the one I'm talking about placing in one of the filters.

Back