Help! Triple K&N's

He is not talking about the air temp sensor, he is talking out the ambient pressure sensor in the original airbox.

oh, the front right corner of the glove box.......:D

hellfire - i was thinking the same as you. the pressure sensor doesn't move on the 11.

Then are we sure Mr. Smith isn't confused? If you didn't know it was there, the pressure sensor wouldn't even come into play. It's the temp sensor that gets left dangling ... so which is it we are talking about?

Got the air temp in is's own little filter between 1st & 2nd filter. Zip-tied throttle body air pressure sensor (sensor with small air hose on bottom) securely in place. Wondering what people are doing with sensor on front right corner of new glove box.

Cut the claw with a die grinder yesterday. Came out great, easy to cut, no chips in chrome. Planing on cutting a little more later. Will post some more pic's latter. Put masking tape on chrome before I cut.

Tools in pic are all the tools I used.

Attachments

• IMG_20110809_173913.jpg
    IMG_20110809_173913.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 182
That's the style I went with, trouble with it is that the filters don't sit exactly behind the raised parts. You might want to test fit and cut more towards the rear of each to show off the filters more ... just a suggestion.

Got the air temp in is's own little filter between 1st & 2nd filter. Zip-tied throttle body air pressure sensor (sensor with small air hose on bottom) securely in place. Wondering what people are doing with sensor on front right corner of new glove box.

Cut the claw with a die grinder yesterday. Came out great, easy to cut, no chips in chrome. Planing on cutting a little more later. Will post some more pic's latter. Put masking tape on chrome before I cut.

Tools in pic are all the tools I used.
Nice job mate look forward to seeing it mounted to the bike "pics please":D

I was reluctant to cut up my 'claw, so I took an impression of it in plaster of paris and made a new one using fiberglass and resin. It was an inexpensive solution and I still have a pristine 'claw. I'll post some pics later.

You will need two vent filters K&N 62-1340 Vent Air Filter. One for your air temperature sensor and the other is for your oil crank case. Hope this helps you.

Installed Triple K&N filters on my bike yesterday and followed the directions on this forum but don't know what to do with the air pressure sensor on the front right corner of the air box? I got the 2011 roadster and there is no mention of this sensor on the thread.

Please help. I don't want to ride too much for fear of possible damage until I figure this out.

By the way all other instructions and pic's were great and the claw cut so easily. Will post some pic's when done.

Not an answer but where did you buy it from...I'm googling away and cannot find one?

Back