The most important criteria for judging a helmet is how does it fit. Head shapes are different, and so are helmets. Some, like the aforementioned Arai Signet Q are designed for a long oval head, others fit a round head.

If you choose the wrong shape helmet, you'll find it much too uncomfortable to wear for an extended period.

Bottom line, try on as many different brands as you can get your hands on. The only good helmet is one you can wear comfortably all day long.

The most important criteria for judging a helmet is how does it fit. Head shapes are different, and so are helmets. Some, like the aforementioned Arai Signet Q are designed for a long oval head, others fit a round head.

If you choose the wrong shape helmet, you'll find it much too uncomfortable to wear for an extended period.

Bottom line, try on as many different brands as you can get your hands on. The only good helmet is one you can wear comfortably all day long.

Agree 100% with GPMAZ. I seem to have a Shark [helmet] shaped head and find the Shark Evoline a great comfortable fit despite the weight. Have worn my helmet for a 500 mile ride in a day (yes with some breaks) and had no pinching or pain from it at all. Other, more expensive helmets, are just the wrong shape for my head and I can not get a good fit.

I have a Bell Revolver and overall am pretty happy with it. Bought it on closeout for 99 bucks. The flip-down sun shield is great, I love the black w/ white "rally" stripes, and it's a comfortable fit on my Fred Flintstone square head. It's a little loud at freeway speeds, but the new Revolver EVO allegedly solves that. Every time I'm tempted to get an open face, I'm reminded that about 1/3 of wrecks involve face plants...and I don't want to get any uglier.

Back