Kyrocket

.040 Over
What kinds of helmets do y'all like? I'm wanting something with speakers in it to listen to my music. I need a new one. I noticed today that mine is coming apart

There's no way i'd listen to music while riding .. like to hear what's going on with the bike and around me .. do realise there are many who rock away listening to tunes while riding .. but I don't. Sure there will be lots of help to pick a new lid ;)

Shoei

I would suggest a solid full face helmet. My Shoei X-Eleven has been great. Most helmets will accommodate speakers. I have thought about the split/flip open type, but nothing can convince me that it will not come open in a crash. I might be ugly, but I still like having a face.

After yrs of riding, I was convinced to start wearing full-faced modular helmets. I have been doing so for a dozen yrs now. I have tried different makes but my last two have been Fulmer helmets.
I bought a speaker setup for my helmets a good while back but have not installed it. I am partially deaf and wear hearing aids and really not sure how safe I would feel not hearing the traffic around me.

..get a good modular helmet..it will help you get accustomed to wearing a full face..test have shown they won't come 'open' in crashes..I ride with an ipod strapped on my arm and earbuds in me ears..wouldn't ride without it..it doesn't keep you from hearing what is around you..

I have a full face I guess I should have said that. I'm looking for a better one brand wise. I don't know what mine is it was pretty cheap though.

I have a Shoei. I do not listen to music. The safety of Shoei helmets is one of the best. Arai is a very very good helmet too.

Competition Accessories is a good place to look
MotorcycleGear is another good place to look

Competition Accessories is having a sale on Shoei right now:D

I ride with a Shark Evoline III (like the rocket :D). It's a modular, but is actually certed (EC and DOT) in both the down and up position. I know there are a few others on here that ride with the same helmet too. Modular adds weight obviously so it's really about what you like. For me, it's great because the face stays up until I get on the autobahn and then it's an easy pull and lock (can feel and hear it lock) and as soon as I exit, it goes back up. All one handed operations.
I put the speakers in mine from my Scala G9 with very little modification. Only bad thing is nowhere to attach the gopro with this helmet.

I've got a Shoei Multitec. I also have a Sena smh10-11 intercom system. I find the Shoei to be a great helmet, but will be checking out the Shark helmets when purchasing a new one.

I have the HJC IS-MAX BT with the Chatterbox BT unit. Works well for me and is fairly quite. No issues hearing the GPS or my tunes loaded into it when I feel safe listening.

Back