And why(he asked tongue-in-cheek)should this day be any different from any other???:D

No, to the contrary, a CT slows down a rider's response time due, among other factors, to its design, the added rolling resistance and the constantly greater rider input necessary to move the bike any which way whatsoever.

My first accident was with a deer that decided to bisect itself on my front wheel while I was doing 65 mph and literally had no time to react anything other than a thought, which was exactly this; "'Fudge', I hope I live through this!"

The second accident occurred at much lower speed when some dipshyte decided to make an illegal lane change, without looking in his mirrors or signalling his intent, right into me. I almost held that one together, missing a curb cut by just a few feet after he hit me the first time, and I careened off the curb with my helmeted head just inches from the back of his rear wheel prior to going down. My helmet punched a 3" deep dent into his rear quarter panel as he whacked me for a second time, so I'm quite certain that in the absence of a helmet, I would have suffered severe head trauma at the very least.

BTW, these were the only two accidents I have suffered in my 48 years of riding and I sure hope that they were the last. Because of the hard lessons learned, I am a fervent adherent to ATGATT! Both of my beautiful VTX 1800s were totaled for my trouble.:(

Sorry to hear that, mully, but I'm afraid that the same could be said of a lot of lost loved ones.

I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that my dad would still be here with me if he had worn a helmet.

Very sorry to hear that. I sincerely hope your sharing this convinces just one person of the value of wearing a helmet. Someone choosing to not wear a helmet rarely thinks about the lasting grief that decision can cause.

Thanks for the post.

I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that my dad would still be here with me if he had worn a helmet.

Although I'm all for the freedom to choose. Last year, I saw first hand what dead looks like due to not wearing a helmet. Definitely a game changer for me.

Sorry for your loss.

Three friends were riding up toward Kalkaska last year. A woman on a cell phone decided to pass a car, shE wiped out two of them. One had a helmet and was messed up pretty good, the other did not. Was in a coma for several days and is paralyzed. I hate divers on phones, she was texting the later proved.

I always were my helmet know. Used to not on a short trip to town.

I wear a fullface all the time now used to have an open face to but saw a bloke with his chin ground off from sliding down the road. Cured me.

Back