I have heard of quality issues with ROOF helmets. I have had a major hard on for a Shark Evoline 3st since they came out. I currently sport a Suomy spec1r extereme, but enjoy a jet style through town. Mod helmet seems to jive for me. Unfortunatly a Schuberth is outta my price range.

can you point me in the direction where to find quality issues reports for the ROOF , i sure would like to form an opinion as I have yet to find negatives..
I tried the evoline 3 my dislike is the cheeckpads they protrude too far forward to my taste
otherwise it is a stylish and well built helmet

I have heard of quality issues with ROOF helmets. I have had a major hard on for a Shark Evoline 3st since they came out. I currently sport a Suomy spec1r extereme, but enjoy a jet style through town. Mod helmet seems to jive for me. Unfortunatly a Schuberth is outta my price range.

I bought the Evoline 3 last summer and put about 6K Km on it. Great helmet. Very easy to use, though locking it into the down mode when you're already doing 150 kph takes a little extra umph! Noise was relatively low, I keep the face up until I'm entering the autobahn or expecting to cruise above 100 kph for a while. Didn't notice any fatigue with the weight, and the intercom (G9) routed nicely on it. Hopefully the wife can airbrush it soon to match the bike. Only complaint is ventilation could be a bit better (when closed up, of course). It's a definite keeper, and coming from a guy who has left every full face i ever owned to go back to the brain bucket, that's saying a lot!

I've seen a few others on here with the E3 and haven't really heard anything negative yet.

I don't know about the Desmo, but I've have a Roof Boxer V for about 4 years and really like it. I upgraded to the Evoline last year to have something quieter on the highway. If the Desmo is built like the Boxer it is much more comfortable in the cheeks than the Shark.

I look forward to your report.

Nothing against helmets, wear what you like(flip flops and daisy dukes for all I care. I just prefer not to linger on a machine with veggy juice being pumped in. So Be It.

I destroyed a $600 Arai a few months back. Broke a couple of ribs but didn't have so much as a headache.

Land on your head without a helmet and your chances of ending up on that machine are much greater. But, if you have no family depending on you, its your choice.

If you feel your head is not worth protecting, you're probably right. I'm certainly not going to argue with you.

Easy, Harry!:cool:

It's not that I disagree with you in the least, but that it is still a matter of free will in certain unenlightened or more libertarian-leaning states.:rolleyes:

My life and, thankfully, any sort of head injury, too, was spared by an Arai lid some 6 1/2 years ago and my coconut was spared from trauma by a Bell Star in another get-off 3 years after that. I chose not to put myself at risk on motorcycles from the time my wife and I conceived our only child until we deemed him old enough to deal with either a dead man or a cripple (at age 15), at which time I resumed my two-wheeled ways.

My choices, the right choices and ones that I will advocate and defend til' my end of days. But, they were choices, not things that I was compelled to do, nonetheless.;)

Don't get me wrong Phil, I'm in no way advocating mandatory helmet laws. Actually at this point I would be in favor of scrapping all laws and then re-adding the ones that actually serve a purpose, and that we intend to enforce.

That said, choosing not to wear a helmet is no smarter than jumping out of a plane without a parachute. The fact that you're fine half way down probably doesn't mean you'll be fine after the rather abrupt stop at the end.

Oh, and congratulations on your sense of responsibility. I would have expected nothing less from you.

My final words on modular helmets, for now:

To date and to my knowledge, there is not a single modular lid on the marketplace which equals or exceeds the structural integrity and, therefore, the comparatively more "fail safe" nature of a fullface helmet. Until there is and because I happen value my brain above and beyond any or all other bodily parts (yes, even that one!), I will continue to use the best state-of-the-art head protection available until such time as it is superceded by something better.

There are always compromises that can be made, in this case, for the perceived comfort or visibility gains or the ability to have a smoke whilst rolling along whilst wearing a modular lid. For me, no compromise is merited by the added risk exposure.

Easy, Harry!:cool:

It's not that I disagree with you in the least, but that it is still a matter of free will in certain unenlightened or more libertarian-leaning states.:rolleyes:

My life and, thankfully, any sort of head injury, too, was spared by an Arai lid some 6 1/2 years ago and my coconut was spared from trauma by a Bell Star in another get-off 3 years after that. I chose not to put myself at risk on motorcycles from the time my wife and I conceived our only child until we deemed him old enough to deal with either a dead man or a cripple (at age 15), at which time I resumed my two-wheeled ways.

My choices, the right choices and ones that I will advocate and defend til' my end of days. But, they were choices, not things that I was compelled to do, nonetheless.;)

Phil, 2 crashes in 6 1/2 years? I will not ask how those crashes happened but is it possible that a C.T. would have prevented them?
Yeah , I know ,I'm being an ******* today...

Back