Helmet mounted Video Cameras

I own a few. First is my Garmin VIRB Elite. Good stuff.

But what I’d suggest is the “FauxPro” or “GoPobre” (my words) sold on eBay for almost nothing. You can pick up a fake Chinese-made GoPro camera and kit for under $30 delivered.

I own two of them and they’re really good. And completely compatible with the GoPro mounts, etc.

I usually don’t advocate for buying cheap stuff, but in this case it pays to be frugal as there’s no discernible quality between the two.

I own a few. First is my Garmin VIRB Elite. Good stuff.

But what I’d suggest is the “FauxPro” or “GoPobre” (my words) sold on eBay for almost nothing. You can pick up a fake Chinese-made GoPro camera and kit for under $30 delivered.

I own two of them and they’re really good. And completely compatible with the GoPro mounts, etc.

I usually don’t advocate for buying cheap stuff, but in this case it pays to be frugal as there’s no discernible quality between the two.

Now ya tell me :mad: :mad: :(

I had a Chinese made "FauxPro". The handlebar mount broke while sitting still at a gas station, the cam, inside waterproof case, hit the ground and never worked right again.

I know the Chinese market items are not all created equal, but some things are just worth buying the real version.

I had a Chinese made "FauxPro". The handlebar mount broke while sitting still at a gas station, the cam, inside waterproof case, hit the ground and never worked right again.

I know the Chinese market items are not all created equal, but some things are just worth buying the real version.

Didn’t I see that happen? Or am I thinking of someone else :unsure:

I'm looking at getting myself a video camera that I would like to mount on my helmet.
Do any of you Guys have a unit that you would recommend ?
What's available out there, quality etc.
Also how do you get around the wind noise ? can you get a unit with a remote mic so I could have it in my pocket etc so as not to get the wind noise.

Did you get something Paul??

Did you get something Paul??

Not yet Tal.
I'm thinking of making up something the size of the various units and sticking it on my Helmet then going for a ride so that I can access the wind drag.
All the theory in the world doesn't add up to real world riding/testing.
Will let you know when I buy something.

I'm keen on getting something too Paul...not sure what as yet. I have the mount on my bars for the Radar detector and thought i could do something similar on the bars like that....just looking around...

@Paul Bryant anything close to the chin in front (gopro) or side mounted near chin (contour +2 / ghost) will tend to have minimal drag. Anything sticking out more than a few inches drags top mounted or side mounted gopro style cameras drag a ton.

Back