Each of these is dependent on your helmet having D-Rings for the strap. If you have a Shoei Neotec-II or Neotec-3 helmet, not sure it works. If you're ever going to have a helmet with a quick release (Shoei calls it micro-ratchet) this may not be for you.

Unless it's out of sight... forget trying to secure it. Bring it with you. Otherwise you waste $ because you dont think like a poor thief.
I heard it beat said the beast anti theft is a cover. ... adventure rider radio podcast.

Each of these is dependent on your helmet having D-Rings for the strap. If you have a Shoei Neotec-II or Neotec-3 helmet, not sure it works. If you're ever going to have a helmet with a quick release (Shoei calls it micro-ratchet) this may not be for you.
That T-Bar is intended for helmets with quick release mechanisms.

This video demonstrating the HelmetLok product shows it well:

You will have to carry the T-Bar with you somehow but it should fit in that little compartment under the seat. It's a bit of a hassle but is an option.

That T-Bar is intended for helmets with quick release mechanisms.

This video demonstrating the HelmetLok product shows it well:

You will have to carry the T-Bar with you somehow but it should fit in that little compartment under the seat. It's a bit of a hassle but is an option.
what a huge waste of $. LPL (lock Picking Lawyer)
no seriously most thives carry around bolt cutters and that is about as strong as dry pasta.
THE ONLY time things like this work is when its NOT being physically attacked. Do you think the triple tree lock stops anyone? NOPE, i have personally seen videos of people pushing them off with their legs and taking the motorcycle.
Don't want things stolen, avoid places that are risky. Otherwise better just aspect the fact that its going to be taken.

what a huge waste of $. LPL (lock Picking Lawyer)
no seriously most thives carry around bolt cutters and that is about as strong as dry pasta.
THE ONLY time things like this work is when its NOT being physically attacked. Do you think the triple tree lock stops anyone? NOPE, i have personally seen videos of people pushing them off with their legs and taking the motorcycle.
Don't want things stolen, avoid places that are risky. Otherwise better just aspect the fact that its going to be taken.
> Do you think the triple tree lock stops anyone?
Arr, well yes. It's not that they can't be defeated, it's that it makes it harder.

...like they're going to need to be carrying around a pair of bolt cutters or something...
If you believe locks are pointless just because the LPL can pick them why would you ever bother locking anything?

Last edited:
> Do you think the triple tree lock stops anyone?
Arr, well yes. It's not that they can't be defeated, it's that it makes it harder.

...like they're going to need to be carrying around a pair of bolt cutters or something...
If you believe locks are pointless just because the LPL can pick them why would you ever bother locking anything?
i lock plenty of things, a helmet is NOT one of them, plenty of sage advice from ADV riders who have spent 30 plus years around the world all say the same thing, if its not put away out of sight its up for grabs. One funny story is that if they cant take it often times they piss in it out of spite.... yea no thanks.
also that lock that was just mentioned would NOT need a bolt cutter, just a decent pair of cutters. You do not think like a criminal but the advice i have been given by people qualified by experience is that it does not matter.

Back