maurice

Nitrous
Ride
2020 R3 GT
Don't suppose I missed it, did I? No I'm not drilling holes to make one. If not, what a bummer! Don't trust leaving helmet on back rest.

Don't suppose I missed it, did I? No I'm not drilling holes to make one. If not, what a bummer! Don't trust leaving helmet on back rest.
Saw this, and it looks pretty slick. Replaces stock bar ends with a lock:

Simple buy a HJC and you will be safe. No respectable thieve would still such a cheap helmet. They fit and work but no bragging rights.
Haha. I like the blue tooth in the helmet so might attract someone.
A few yrs ago I used to workout before work at 430am. Someone stole my cheap helmet with no blue tooth I had on the backrest.

I use to get home from work at that hour never had a issue. OK I will bite guessing Bluetooth is something you listen to. I'm kind of a way behind the times.

I use a narrow hasp combination lock from Lowes, Ace, whatever. I think it's a Master Lock 630D if memory serves. You want the hasp to be wide enough to fit over the blade of the clutch or brake lever, but too narrow to fit over the ball at lever's end. Cheap, small, no keys to lose, one lock for all bikes. On most of my bikes it works to lock it to the lever then set the helmet on the mirror so it doesn't become a trash or rain receptacle, otherwise I can put it over the 'bar end.

I use a narrow hasp combination lock from Lowes, Ace, whatever. I think it's a Master Lock 630D if memory serves. You want the hasp to be wide enough to fit over the blade of the clutch or brake lever, but too narrow to fit over the ball at lever's end. Cheap, small, no keys to lose, one lock for all bikes. On most of my bikes it works to lock it to the lever then set the helmet on the mirror so it doesn't become a trash or rain receptacle, otherwise I can put it over the 'bar end.
Very good! I can keep the lock in the bag for those occasions I need to lock it. Thanks!

Back