Helmet/Jacket locking device

ABC123

.040 Over
Ride
Rocket 3 roadster 2016
Hi all. As per the title, does anyone have a recommendation for a device to secure helmets and jackets to the bike please?
I’ve been trawling Amazon and online reviews but all the stuff I’ve seen looks to be susceptible to a pair of bolt cutters or angle grinder!
I know nothing is safe from a determined thief, but just looking to find something with a really good chance of actually safeguarding our stuff when we’re away from the bike.

To deter the grab and go sort, I used my boot camp issued rifle cable and lock. I ran the cable through one sleeve and the face shield hole of my helmet.
As you said: nothing will deter a true thief but simple cable and lock will deter a grab and run thief.

Hi all. As per the title, does anyone have a recommendation for a device to secure helmets and jackets to the bike please?
I’ve been trawling Amazon and online reviews but all the stuff I’ve seen looks to be susceptible to a pair of bolt cutters or angle grinder!
I know nothing is safe from a determined thief, but just looking to find something with a really good chance of actually safeguarding our stuff when we’re away from the bike.
Only safe way to keep your gear is to carry it with you. I use a cable and padlock threaded through the arm of jacket and through visor section of full face helmet - will stop opportunists and ALWAYS hide the helmet under the jacket for two reasons 1 - no one can tell if its an expensive helmet with bluetooth and 2 - less chance of malitious damage.

Regular helmet locks that bolt to a convenient place on the frame can be had from the aftermarket. I got two that I go to mount sometime, one on my Rocket another on my Nephew's Sportster which also did not come with one. As for the jacket....I just wear it into the place where I am going...but call me a trusting soul or maybe it's the places I frequent...grab and go crooks aren't around in large number. I do think a grab and go theft is an opportunity thing, and in most cases if you are parked in a public space where other folk are meandering around, there isn't much opportunity. I do know some places have brazen folks, but I don't go there.

Thanks for all the feedback and tips.
It’s for the rare occasion when the bike is unsighted, but it will however be in a very public place with activity.
I will definitely look into the rifle cable and lock setup.

If you wear a full face helmet use a cable through the eyeport. I know several people who had the chin strap cut when they used just a lock thru the d ring. Depending on bike you might be able to use a bicycle u lock.

I have also used a retractable SKI lock until it failed.
upload_2018-2-7_10-41-55.jpeg

One of the benefits of living in Idaho is we really don't have to worry about that kind of theft. You can leave your gear on the bike and it will be there when you get back. I know plenty of guys who even leave the key in it.

Back