New Helmet advice

For my oddly shaped gourd I wear Scorpion EXO. They fit me better than any other brand and at a descent price.

Soooooooooo many EVOs and with a wide range of price.
They are intermediate oval, but seem a little heavy to me.
However, my busted up old neck is sensitive to weight at speed.
Curious which on exactly are you wearing?

Soooooooooo many EVOs and with a wide range of price.
They are intermediate oval, but seem a little heavy to me.
However, my busted up old neck is sensitive to weight at speed.
Curious which on exactly are you wearing?
Scorpion EXO T510 but because of my neck problems I like my 4 year old EXO 400 full face helmet. It's so light and comfortable. I just bought new tinted and clear windshields for it. The EXO T510 is a little quieter but heavier. My brother uses the T510 and likes it. The lighter the better for me.

Scorpion EXO T510 but because of my neck problems I like my 4 year old EXO 400 full face helmet. It's so light and comfortable. I just bought new tinted and clear windshields for it. The EXO T510 is a little quieter but heavier. My brother uses the T510 and likes it. The lighter the better for me.

You may wanna take a gander at the AGV Sport Modular Carbon. At 3 pounds, the lightest modular available. I like mine!

I really do not like a solid full face helmet. Prefer a modular where you have some options. The one I currently use the chinbar folds all the way back so you can wear it as a three quarter helmet around town, then close it up when you hit the highway. And a built-in sun visor is a great feature. Fit is the most important thing, I think all helmets have some noise. Do not use coms so not sure about compatibility.
IMAG0558.jpg
IMAG0556.jpg

I really do not like a solid full face helmet. Prefer a modular where you have some options. The one I currently use the chinbar folds all the way back so you can wear it as a three quarter helmet around town, then close it up when you hit the highway. And a built-in sun visor is a great feature. Fit is the most important thing, I think all helmets have some noise. Do not use coms so not sure about compatibility.
IMAG0558.jpg
IMAG0556.jpg
I agree about the noise and moved out of coms and use ear plugs now wished I started earlier in life. Never seen that helmet before look like the modular I used to wear. I've been running a scorpion full face helmet EXO 500 I wanted a full face for noise reduction and still use ear plugs my carpenter pipe is pretty quiet to me now and most important I'm not screaming when I get back from a long ride. I'm going to have to look at the new scorpion carbon fiber one looks similar to the 500 style only a wee bit fancier,

I use a Klim TK1200 carbon modular. Lightest modular at the time introduced and relatively quiet. Not as quiet as a schuberth, but the Klim fit my head shape where the Schuberth is made for round ovals (probably because this German engineers have bigger brains).

Biggest thing is to get the helmet that fits your head shape, then the lightest one that meets the safety standards so it will also save your neck from fatigue during an all-day ride.

If I may make a comment. C/F actually makes little difference in weight usually. And after spending some time reading impact test results (I get bored, OK!) I began to notice that quite often plain fibre lids fare a bit better in the Short-Sharp, Shock tests than C/F. And even more surprising was that often the simple molded lids fare better still.

As long as the lid has a GOOD rating (DOT seems to be getting a bit of a roasting recently due to the testing not being commercially Independent) then I think your safe. The thing has to fit. And that is often the challenge. What we like often is not our fit. You have to test and test and test.

A plus with many modular lids is that they will spread a bit when open so you can pull them on/off, then they close around your head as you shut the front.

Back