Helmet Hooker

R3TCAPT

.020 Over
OK - first things first ..... it's not what it sounds like. :D But here is the link for this fine product. Biker Creations: Motorcycle Accessories and Innovations I got mine from J&P Cycles - Helmet Hooker | 363-123 | J&P Cycles The bottom line is it works as advertised on my R3T. I had been looking quite a while for a way to leave my helmet without having to worry if it would be there when I got back to the bike. Have never had one stolen but now it's one less thing I have to worry about. :)

Looks good. We used to simply leave our lid unsecured on the bike; and to be amused by riders who seemed paranoid about some miscreant stealing their helmet. Then, we had our helmet stolen. We consider helmet stealers rude.

We trudge on.

The problem with things like this is that they go through your chin strap so anyone that wants your helmet just needs to cut the strap.

Especially worthless in a mandatory helmet state.

And it does not protect your Chatterbox or other Bluetooth system. Sucks the world has come to this. If I am traveling with my trailer, it goes in it.

Just about every other bike on the road has a helmet lock built onto the bike somewhere or other. My old Honda had one in the 70s. Why not Triumphs??? :mad:
I'm not too concerned about someone cutting the strap; have never heard of it actually happening and I believe it can be difficult getting one mended. But I have heard of a helmet hung on a bike getting wet inside - and not necessarily because it rained.

That clip looks like you would not only lose your helmet, but someone would rip the whole assembly off your saddlebag causing a lot of damage to the saddlebag.

I wouldn't even consider using one like this.

They say that locks only keep honest people honest - if a thief wants something he will take it no matter what. So the way I look at it I am just keeping some innocent, honest person from becoming a thief. :) No need to thank me - just trying to do my civic duty. :D And since Triumph didn't provide a helmet lock on the bike we are all just left to our own devices to find what works best for each of us.

Back