Helmet Hooker

I don't even care if some low life P.O.S steals my P.O.S. helmet. They would make a great pair ! That would get me off my ass to buy a decent helmet.

I can relate to that I am in the same situation I leave my jet helmet on the mirror looks rather scruffy but nobody has yet lifted it and I keep wearing it I am sure someday some lowlife will swipe it but I think it is wishfull thinking!

lock for helmet on our rockets???

i found that the padlock you get with a gun purchase works great for securing the helmet to the bike. on the bars or wherever you like. they're vinyl coated so they won't scratch stuff up too. the pointed end of the cable goes easily through the D-rings on the helmet strap.

OK - first things first ..... it's not what it sounds like. :D But here is the link for this fine product. Biker Creations: Motorcycle Accessories and Innovations I got mine from J&P Cycles - Helmet Hooker | 363-123 | J&P Cycles The bottom line is it works as advertised on my R3T. I had been looking quite a while for a way to leave my helmet without having to worry if it would be there when I got back to the bike. Have never had one stolen but now it's one less thing I have to worry about. :)

Does anyone have any other options for a helmet lock idea? Anything that mounts under the seat that will hold a helmet secure? I had one on my last bike, seems pretty simple. Any thoughts? I'd like it to be hard mounted, nothing on the bags, which I don't always carry.
Thanks for any thoughts.

I bought a sissy bar/back rest awhile back from someone on this forum that was getting rid of their bike. It had this set up already on it. I think Bikers Choice has them, or if push comes to shove your local HD dealer. If you ask me alarms and helmet locks are a waste of money, unless it helps lower your insurance premiums. But then again i'm old school,we never used to have to worry about people stealing anything on your ride.

Attachments

• th.jpg
    th.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
ain't there a bar end lock that somebody makes?
i think I remember seeing one years ago.
Yup:

I've been using these for years - works quite well.

Only drawback is, you are limited in the type of grips you can use. I have Kuryakin Isos, just like in the photo, but I'd really prefer the new, very soft Avons. Bur the Avons aren't on a metal frame, so the bar end locks can't be secured to them.

Pity.

Last edited:
I use the four digit lock seen on the website you mentioned. it works ok but is tough to move around. i think I like the Hooker idea myself.

I have a locking carabiner (for want of a better description) that I use to lock our helmets to either a mirror stem, or one side of my sissy bar/backrest. It works great.

If they don't have them in your area, I' ll take a pic.

Rick

I use a retractable combination cable lock usually used for snow skis. I pull it through my jackets arm and through the chin bar on my helmet then throuhh the sissy bar or handle bars. Usually put gloves in the helmet too.

Back