????Head Shake???

Shogun171

.020 Over
Ride
2022 All Black Rocket R
Good day everyone. Quick question for you all. Do any of you rocket riders feel like you get head shake when going at a good pace behind traffic? Being located in Japan, we only get to do Km/h so we is slow compared to the rest of the world. However I find that doing maybe anywhere from 80 to upwards in the km department on expressways if I'm behind cars of any shape or size, I get a lot of head wobble or better yet I gotta grip the hell outta the bars to keep her steady. The only front mod is a powerbronze screen. This is the only bike I've had this issue with. Anybody else??? I love using cruise control after work but have to avoid being behind traffic..

It could be the screen or even your suspension settings. I had a similar wobble when I first got my GT and found the rear suspension had the preload setting at minimum (as set from the factory) so I reset it to 10 clicks from the hardest setting and the wobble disappeared. Might be worth trying this and see if you get an improvement.

It could be the screen or even your suspension settings. I had a similar wobble when I first got my GT and found the rear suspension had the preload setting at minimum (as set from the factory) so I reset it to 10 clicks from the hardest setting and the wobble disappeared. Might be worth trying this and see if you get an improvement.
That's where mine sits as well!! I might have to remove the screen and see if that's the culprit!

That's where mine sits as well!! I might have to remove the screen and see if that's the culprit!
I had my suspension preload on minimum up until I finally got it dialed in but no shake or wobble with preload at minimum and with a mid size Powerbronze windshield on up to and over 100 mph. Had it that way for about a year. Now I have the suspension dialed in but never had a problem with any shaking at higher speeds before that. The tires may need balanced or weights added or a front fork problem. Now if you're talking about a hard head buffer at high speeds it's from the windshield but if it's a moderate high speed wobble or very high vibration it could be any of the listed above problems. :thumbsup:

I have a huge windscreen and have never had a hispeed wobble. and about 130 mph is all it will go pushing the air.

Thanks for all the insight on the possible various scenarios. Turns out it was the powerbronze screen. I guess just that little gap between the stock screen was enough to set things wonky at high speed. Once removed and a quick jaunt on the expressway, feels controllable again.

Back