HD's Way of Upping the Ante

Pig9r

Living Legend
Apparently for 2007 all of Harley's touring bikes will come with a 96ci engine and 6 speed tranny (not the one that was in the Dyna). Another example of HD's true innovation; simply add some new jugs, pistons and an extra cog between 4th and 5th and you can go back to selling for over MSRP.

Pig9r said:
Apparently for 2007 all of Harley's touring bikes will come with a 96ci engine and 6 speed tranny (not the one that was in the Dyna). Another example of HD's true innovation; simply add some new jugs, pistons and an extra cog between 4th and 5th and you can go back to selling for over MSRP.

Yesterday, our local HD dealer was full of people as I was ordering a couple plugs for my golf cart and a Red Iridium face shield to match my Red Rocket. Plenty of HD's for sale but fresh out of Hayabusa's.

Pig9r said:
Another example of HD's true innovation

HD turning wonky, if not terminally decadent. If correct, Pig9r's post means that marque devotees who paid a huge premium for the 2006 "Custom Shop" extra-displacement specials, are gonna see them as standard 2007 issues in the showroom at a much lower MSRP. Baroque paint jobs and garish chrome frills aside, that is:cool: . Jamie

Hey look... Jamie's back!!! :bch:

Sometimes I think Harley's R&D department is S&S...

They have always rolled out new hardware in limited numbers for the first year, it limits their exposure to the risks of it being complete junk. In other words, test it out on the customers...

:) An HD devotee told me this morning that there are a lot of HD's sitting around the dealerships here in WNY...and since there are so many used ones on the market (just check out an issue of Cycle Trader and see a million HD's for sale) that the value in them isn't holding like it used to.....I guess I never understood value in them myself...

Who cares?

Pig9r post upstairs is totally correct. HD Europe has just released its 2007 press kit. Innovations are indeed limited to the Twin Cam enlargement from 1449 to 1584 cc (this year's "custom shop" displacement, as I had suspected), a 6th cog in the tranny, some electronic enhancements and new paint schemes (am not too sure about new tank medalions:) ). All the Sportsers get fuel injection. And there's a special V Rod (VRSCDX:confused: ) featuring a flat black finish and a 240mm rear tire:eek: .

No great shakes

Jamie

I checked out an '07 HD yesterday. They now have O2 sensors, one in each pipe just a few inches out from the cylinder. Apparently the new mufflers are not able to have the baffles removed like the old ones because there is a catylist in them. These changes also discourage aftermarket addition of pipes. I bet the next few years they will be water cooled too.

Back