Has the ignition problem been fixed ?

You being a funny boy mocking my obsession with Current be it electrical or otherwise? :p :rolleyes: :laugh:

Ok...how do you turn these ****ed Italics off!!!!!! :banghead: :mad:

Well that makes no sense at all....Italics is currently highlighted and I don't have any italics!! :banghead:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
You changed fonts, Joker!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
You changed fonts, Joker!

Yes I did, and the last part of my post didn't show any Italics when I wrote it but your reply shows it in Italics. I think it's my IPad....never trust an Apple Product!

Oh well, it's all good now! That's why I Bedifferent!

Yes I did, and the last part of my post didn't show any Italics when I wrote it but your reply shows it in Italics. I think it's my IPad....never trust an Apple Product!

Oh well, it's all good now! That's why I Bedifferent!

HA! I messed with it! :p
Surprised that you noticed! :thumbsup:

You're a mean little man!! You underestimate me. That's just a bunch of Bull! :p :D
I see you're on the RAA list...I might have to try and make that event so I can deal with you up close and personal.

Me likey up close and personal! :evil:
Plunk the magic twanger, Froggy! :cool:

And mine has just failed.
The whole bike died as I turned the corner in to the work car-park. Very nearly dropped the bike.

When I wiggle the wire coming out of the bottom of the ignition barrel the bike powers up and then dies again. I guess I need to replace the switch.
I've ordered the EB relay kit but will need to replace the barrel too. Been reading about those stupid security bolts. Looks like I'm going to spend a fun weekend in the garage fixing this POS when I'd rather be out riding.

@Rilot i was able to pry mine out from the bottom, disconnect the harness, take it inside and solder it back together, put it back in. Less than an hrs worth of work.

Remove the headlights so you have some room to work. Unscrew/slide off the lower cap of the ignition cylinder. When you do you'll see a clip indent on each side of the top holder that the cylinder slides into. Very (very) carefully push in on the plastic grips with a small screwdriver while simultaneously gently rocking/prying the column out from the bottom. Mine was nothing more than a white plastic cylinder with the open welds on top. Remember it is plastic so be very careful or it will brake easily. I wasn't too concerned, because I figured it was worth trying if I was going to have to replace it anyway? But then I got lucky ;)

Back