Has anyone else asked to themselves "why the heck did Triumph do that???"

Phil R

Turbocharged
Ride
2008 Classic
All summer I've had bloody knuckles from skinning myself when I pull my keys from the ignition switch. What hell did Triumph make the windshield bracket so sharp???

I have the summer screen and the big 26" clearview screen I have used the summer screen once and the big screen about three times not once did I have any problem inserting or removeing the key:confused: what size are your paws? the ignition switch is easy to relocate.

I swap between my fly screen and the big mother touring screen that They gave me and I hav never had an issue with removing or inserting keys but then i also wear gloves which are XXL but even when not wearing them still no problem, I have had to much bark knocked of my nuckles over the years to not be carefull, Also you could do something i did recently and that was to get the earlier 05 style barclamp and rivco risers which actually bring every thing back a little and lay the gauges down a bit, I did it for the look and comfort but gained the room as well :D

I swap between my fly screen and the big mother touring screen that They gave me and I hav never had an issue with removing or inserting keys but then i also wear gloves which are XXL but even when not wearing them still no problem, I have had to much bark knocked of my nuckles over the years to not be carefull, Also you could do something i did recently and that was to get the earlier 05 style barclamp and rivco risers which actually bring every thing back a little and lay the gauges down a bit, I did it for the look and comfort but gained the room as well :D

I have the 05 and rivco risers, could be why my knuckles are in one piece:D

All summer I've had bloody knuckles from skinning myself when I pull my keys from the ignition switch. What hell did Triumph make the windshield bracket so sharp???

I know what you mean. I've got the sport screen and it is already marked from my gloves when removing the key. Had my roadster less than 3 months. I'm keeping the screen, it takes a huge amount of pressure of my chest. But the ##*@! ignition switch might have to go.

Back