Harvest Classic in Luckenback Tx

snuffcityrider

Living Legend
My wife and I went to the Harvest Classic motor cycle rally this weekend and had a great time. We got to meet TXRlll Rider and TallRocket. Got to hang out with TXRlll Rider (Dave) for the whole day and just met briefly with TallRocket (Tom) for a short while. Really good to hang out with David (who by the way entered his R3 in the "Modern" class of the rally and got 2nd place, you can see this in my pics) and really, really good to have Tall Rocket (Tom) as a new friend seeing as he is about 8' tall. First time I ever thought that the Rocket looked "small". I'll be posting pics of the event over the course of a couple of days (I have dial up, takes for friggin ever). There was tons of classic bikes to include Euro's and Rice 'os, and it was cool to see a couple of the bikes that I had owned in years past, like the Kawasaki 750, and the 900 and a Yamaha 350 (my first bike at age 14). Any way I'll get busy posting pics.

It was great meeting y'all too. I remember TallRocket (Tom) talking about needing to extend the pegs to be able to stretch his legs, now I know why. Tom rode all the way from Toledo Bend, about an 8 hour ride for this event. It was definitely a nice enough weekend for that kind of riding.

I got to ride a 1953 Sunbeam around Luckenbach for a while in the morning. It was unrestored and a little ratty, but I tell ya, that little bike ran good and shifted smooth! With a little TLC, I wouldn't hesitate to take it out and ride down the highway.. :)

There were all kinds of classic bikes. Many I have ridden or worked on before, and many more that I wish I could stuff into my garage.. :)

My wife and I went to the Harvest Classic motor cycle rally this weekend and had a great time. We got to meet TXRlll Rider and TallRocket. Got to hang out with TXRlll Rider (Dave) for the whole day and just met briefly with TallRocket (Tom) for a short while. Really good to hang out with David (who by the way entered his R3 in the "Modern" class of the rally and got 2nd place, you can see this in my pics) and really, really good to have Tall Rocket (Tom) as a new friend seeing as he is about 8' tall. First time I ever thought that the Rocket looked "small". I'll be posting pics of the event over the course of a couple of days (I have dial up, takes for friggin ever). There was tons of classic bikes to include Euro's and Rice 'os, and it was cool to see a couple of the bikes that I had owned in years past, like the Kawasaki 750, and the 900 and a Yamaha 350 (my first bike at age 14). Any way I'll get busy posting pics.

Thanks for posting the pics Snuff it looks like us non-Texans missed a real good day out.

How far did you have to travel to get there? Whats yours and Mrs Snuff's verdict on the new Daylong seat now you have been on a run?

seats a winner

Hey Tony, it was about 170 miles to the hotel and after we got there she got right back on the bike and rode another 20 miles to Luckenbach. She loves the seat. The only reason to stop now is gas, food and to stretch our legs. I'd like to get the passenger floor boards made for the Rocket, I think she could move her legs more foward. Right now I have the ones that I took off of my Bonnie America. It was a great trip, weather was perfect and the bike rally was a lot of fun.

Hey Tony, it was about 170 miles to the hotel and after we got there she got right back on the bike and rode another 20 miles to Luckenbach. She loves the seat. The only reason to stop now is gas, food and to stretch our legs. I'd like to get the passenger floor boards made for the Rocket, I think she could move her legs more foward. Right now I have the ones that I took off of my Bonnie America. It was a great trip, weather was perfect and the bike rally was a lot of fun.

Thanks for this Snuff, you have me convinced that is the way to go aftermarket seat wise! I will probably wait until the New Year though just in case the Michigan fall weather is mellow enough to let me to get out and about on the bike when I get home mid-November (I'm currently working off NW Norway).........unlikely I know!

I'll put it on my Christmas list and hope for the best! or better still put it on the wife's Christmas list!.........I'm only getting it so you can be more comfortable honey!?!?!?

Maybe you should get in touch with Russell Day Long and see if they have a referal program you can benefit from.

Check out the pics I have just posted in my photo album to show you that Mrs Snuff will really appreciate another 4" on the passenger floorboards.

Thanks once again

Tony

Back