harley hunting club

I don't hate on brands, but have met some riders I ain't to thrilled with.

It's the 1% biker attitude I don't like.
the " we're bad a**ed bikers and the rest of ya are just mere mortals"
and those guys prefer one brand...
Makes it easy to bash harleys for me,
not to mention THRASHING them on the road..
I've got 1% friends, I've got friends on hondas and yamahas too,
it ain't the brand, it's the attitude that comes with it..

Hell............Truth is if I had enough money I think I would love to own 1 of every motorcycle made....I have never seen a motorcycle or a gun I did not like.

Ahhhh......T/C....admit it you like to ride a scooter too...

Riding a scooter is like riding a very very large lady........Both would be fun......but you would hate for your friends see you doing it.........:eek:

rode a scooter way back in the sixties.... italian made LAMBRETTA even raced it and ..crashed it nearly lost family jewels in the engine cooling fan that day but I do not remember being astride a large lady while riding .remember there were no large ladies in the sixties.

I certainly appreciate Harleys and would consider owning one. My only issue is with many of the Harley riders I encounter. Those who know nothing about motorcycles outside the Harley brand. Those who dress up, ride their beautifully polished bikes to a restaurant or bar, and then back home again. You know the ones who look for every plate glass window they pass in order to catch a glimpse of how cool they look.

Now, the ones I've encountered out in the middle of nowhere, riding bug splattered bikes, they tend to be pretty good folks.

As to patches, well I guess that assumes you need a vest to put one on. Everything I wear when I ride is functional. Wicking shirt, dragin jeans or armored riding pants, armored mesh or leather jacket, boots, gloves and helmet. To me a vest is just part of a costume, and patches are like bumper stickers on a car. If I want to know if your kid is an honor student, I'll ask. If I want to know how you feel about certain brands of motorcycles, I'll ask.

But, that's simply one old man's opinion, I could be wrong.

Guess the problem I had is knuckleheads who don't know Jack Sh!t about bikes who buy into the "propaganda" of a trade mark and who think they're bad azzes because they ride one. I have to admit, I enjoy giving them a wake up call...
The ol lady is looking at harleys as we speak. Hell if that's what she wants or anyone else for that matter, so be it. Back to me though, it's about horsepower and comfort. I'll leave it at this, if HD had a product like or even comparable to the R3R I would have bought it. simple as that.:cool:

Maybe it should be a "Hunting Posers" patch or "Punishing Posers" patch. I don't have an issue with Harley but the posers who like to ride them. It has become so bad my Harley buddy who owns about 5 Harleys doesn't even wear anything with Harley on it anymore. He doesn't want to be mistaken for a poser.

It is there attitude that pisses me off. They don't acknowledge any other make, they don't wave. In large crowds they are afraid to look at another non-Harley ,even if they like it.

The other day me and my buddy had our bikes on the side of the road, in the middle of nowhere, waiting on my wife to bring my truck to haul my buddy's Yamaha. We were kicked back waiting when a flock of posers came by. They didn't slow down or even look in our direction. They look Magnificent, their bikes gleaming in the sun, their leathers so new and dark that you could get lost looking into the Darkness. In a flash they were gone. A few minutes later I hear the roar of a lone V-Twin. What do know it is another Harley. It was dirty, it did not shine. It looked well ridden. He stops to see if everything is alright. We tell him we are good. So long brother... He is gone.

He was a person, like us, loves to ride and saw a fellow rider who might be in trouble and stopped to help. He had the sense of community.

As far as the Bashing goes, it is all in good fun. It is pretty common in the USA. We do it with everything. It can get pretty harsh.

I am trying to get an emblem made for the back of my sissy bar that says

"Harleys...there what's for Dinner".
A play on words from the Beef campaign here in the USA

It is the HD attitude for sure! Well, that and the form over function nostalgia thing. You can get a similar thing from the BMW crowd too. I just had a guy with a 1200gsa tell me it weighed 450 pounds and he wasn't joking either! Had a HD guy tell me he put 250,000 miles on his 1988 big twin and after 5 minutes of questioning I was able to determine that the SWINGARM was the only original part on the whole bike, literally everything thing else had worn out or broke including two frames! I was discussing the famous HD "death wobble" with a guy I know who is an engineer at HD and this is a direct quote " Oh it was probably just another bad batch of frames"

So, Mister R3R, whip some can't miss CO twisties on me.
Riding through CO in mid June on way to OK and on. I intend to spend a few days or more hitting the CO twisties.

Been many years since I have ridden there and I'd appreciate your thoughts on the best roads and compare - add into those currently on my list. So far Cedaredge is my first stop.
Thanks,
1olbull
Twisties you want? hwy 34 to Trail ridge comes to mind beautiful ride to about 12,000 ft over the Contenential Divide by herds of elk thru Estes Park and into Loveland. Avoid I-70 on the weekends and holidays unless you like rush hour traffic. Hwy 287 north of denver is a nice run if your looking to get up to Wyoming. Hwy 50 from Montrose to pueblo is a nice run as well. Monarch Pass and the Royal Gorge is a must see since you're gunna be down that way. It's well worth the stop!!!
Hope that helps. Shoot me a msg if you have any other Q's. glad to help.

Back