Hagon Nitro Shock Group Buy!!!

Wayne,
I ride solo/Wife about 50/50. I would like to lower no more than half an inch. I beleive it would be 12.5" down to 12", for a little better footing at stop. My wife and I are a bit chunky. Together with us and riding gear I'd estimate we put over 450 pounds on when riding together. Me solo estimate 225 to 250 lbs. The stock shocks take our weight. I keep them set on click 5. Now my questions are what mm length is equal to 12.5" and 12 "? Would you recomend or approve a half inch lower ? Also, what spring weight should we go with ?
THX, Bill.

The stock length is (I think) 12.5" which is 317.5mm, so the closest size to that would be 320mm. What would be the advantages and disadvantages to going up one size to 340mm?

The advantages are : 1) significantly more ground clearance, & 2) lifting the back end up levels the bike a lot better( tends to squat at the back on shorter shocks) which improves turn in speed.

Hi all,

I received my Hagons from the Group Buy last Wednesday and with only a minor tussle I managed to fit them to my 2009 R3 standard. The Hagons replace Progressive 440s which have worked pretty well for the 18k miles they been on the Rocket.

Since I'm only 182lb soaking wet, I left the spring compression as set from the factory and dialed the rebound damping up one click. I've done about 160 miles on them so far and they've pretty much settled in. To cut to the chase, the Hagons are a big step up from the 440s. The ride is smoother overall and generally feels much more 'planted', especially in the curves.

I took the old ball and chain for a ride this morning (on the R3, that is) and the improvements with a passenger are even more obvious. She says the ride is far better too. Naturally, I'll continue to experiment with settings to see if there's any more to be had from them but even if there isn't, I'm well pleased with this purchase.

Thank you Wayne for putting the Group Buy together!

Regards,
Mark Dunn

Back