Hot dammmmmmmmm!
Wonder what this EDDY dyno is?
Do you have a pix?
Bull its a braking dyno braking power is generated b
Stock with intake and exhaust.
Carpenter exhaust, which one?
Intake?

Rick
What he had was nice now its wet along with his 250 hp monster, but he is ok and on dry ground.
24649.jpeg

When I texted him about it must have hust happen the angle above cou and d only be from the cab prior to finding dry ground. Thank god the water was there.
24667.jpeg

@warp9.9 Scott,
Thanks for the response.
I do not habla the meaning of "braking".
Not very sharp about dyno designs or operations.

@warp9.9 Scott,
Thanks for the response.
I do not habla the meaning of "braking".
Not very sharp about dyno designs or operations.
Imaging say you want to tune all throttle percentages in one rpm ban/cell like 2000 rpms but you want to check every cell. You can set the brake on the spool to not let the bike run anymore wheel speed the 2000 rpms will generate. The brake keeps increasing the load to keep it there as you keep opening the throttle slowly 2, 4 ,6 ,10, 12 14,16 percent and so on adjusting the fueling as needed. Then you move to the next rpm ban say 2200 or what ever is next on the map. If not you would crank the throttle and it would climb a ramp that looks like the dyno sheet ramp never tunning a whole bunch of cells in every rpm ban. So you should also realize this type if tuning of course takes longer. But is well worth it. And if you understand some of this now then you will also understand some of the tuning coments one of our masters might have said that sounded like tuning in a hour was not as qualitative as you might have thought. But I digress

Last edited:
Mickeys big mouth!! Have not had one of those since highschool!! Breakfast of champions!!
Yes with a chilli and apple smoked gouda cheese omlet. I dont drink much so when I do I like my beer to tast like beer. Well back in the day Mickeys was made by G. Heileman brewing which if you were away from illinois it was the vlosest thing to Old Style you could get. Brewed in Gods Country! Lacrosse Wisconsin . Not that I've ever been there but the beer was good :D

Most synod have an eddy current system these days, and have for many years. It's a must for proper tuning.

I was trying to use my phone to respond, apologies. Warp is describing another test method, which is also used and needs an eddy current system ( or similar). A sweep test is where one sets the dyno to do a loaded run, from say 1500 rpm to 7000rpm pausing at 250rpm increments( or one of the operators choosing) for a portion of a second, to log AF ( or boost or whatever). I find it very useful for exacting ign adjustments. Most folk who insist on a PCV for tuning do so because they can use the Tuning Link software, which automates fuelling adjustments to a large degree. It is quite fast. Probably do a rocket fuel map pretty close in 30 mins. Personally , I used it for a while ( obviously with DJ/PCV products) , we had to pay a lease fee for the software each year. When I first payed our $ was roughly 60C US. After some years our $ was 105c US and I asked them for a re-adjustment of the lease fee, especially because the software was unchanged and our $ was worth twice as much. They said no, tuff luck,.... so I suggested they fit the lease fit into one of their bodily apertures, never paid it since. I get much better numbers anyway. The TL process is a sort of averaging process, so if one wants an average fuel tune, then go for it. I like to get it exact. Well to my exact , anyway.

So you had 2 rockets dyno tuned by the same tuner at the same location.
I am curious why the "Engine Tachometer Ratio" is different, 1.5645 on one and 2.0169 on the other.

Rick

So you had 2 rockets dyno tuned by the same tuner at the same location.
I am curious why the "Engine Tachometer Ratio" is different, 1.5645 on one and 2.0169 on the other.

Rick
Different gears?

Back