Good EarPlugs - On offer

Passed my MC test around march 1976 by way of the Royal Corps of Transport have always and always will wear ear protection and no a helmet is not ear protection, buying ear protection blindly is better than nothing and good to have as a back up but please guys get some made to measure ear protection it is worth the extra pound/dollar or two, if you do not I will soon be typing LIKE THIS:D

Passed my MC test around march 1976 by way of the Royal Corps of Transport have always and always will wear ear protection and no a helmet is not ear protection, buying ear protection blindly is better than nothing and good to have as a back up but please guys get some made to measure ear protection it is worth the extra pound/dollar or two, if you do not I will soon be typing LIKE THIS:D
Like previously said, best ear plugs are the ones you use. We were given free, fitted, molded ear plugs every year through the mill. They were great on the job under a hard hat but NOT comfortable with any exterior pressure on the ear; lying to sleep or under a helmet. The Moldex Sparkplugs are silicone and super soft and easy to roll up and insert into your ear. When i bought the box of 100 it was like $18US. Nearing the end of that box but will buy them again. YMMV!

Sorry, what zat you is sayin'??

EH?- speak up sonny.

I hate regular earplugs. Leave my ears sore
Me too.

Our dear @scot in exile has toughened ear canals - from an early age subjected to the scratching of rabid baby haggis wearing gorse sporrans.

These are the first earplugs I have been able to wear more than 2 hours without having to remove them for a rest. Even the moulded ones.

Last edited:
The working feature here is a good plug material available in different sizes and an insertion and retrieving base that looks kool and is expensive.
That last part worries me not a bit. I really don't care what they look like - And there must be some Jewish, Catalan, Scottish, Yorkshire blood in me as paying that much hurts even at 2 for the price of 1.

btw if you use the "mini" size. The "sleeep" foams will fit. But they (wierdly?) are not (in my ear) as comfy. They will however last longer and are easier to clean.

Mrs B. nicked the Aluminium ones from me. She says I snore - but I have never heard it myself.

Back