Good EarPlugs - On offer

I have some made to measure ones for shooting - but they're bleedin' un-comfy inside a lid for some reason.

BINGO !

I had a set made a while back when a similar thread showed up, and learned something about my anatomy (actually, data show most people have no clue about their internals).

I have "prominent" ears. When I don a helmet, the ears are pressed back flat against my head. This (I didn't know) changes the internal dimensions of the external ear canal - sufficiently so that the custom molded earplugs no longer fit and are intolerably painful.

I too am an active shooter and at the range generally wear foam under muffs. The foam that seems to work best for me after many tries over the years are ones I encountered at work:

ULINE S-17902

A close second and readily available at the corner drug store as well as Walmart and Amazon, Office Depot, etc:

Howard Leight by Honeywell Leight Sleepers

I do about 1000ft climb just going to work. Those blue ones look just like my shooting plugs.
No pressure form the lid on the ears.

Now then - your starter for ten, no conferring.

Who ACTUALLY invented/identified Tartan as a Scottish "icon". ? - No really! . The answer stunned me a bit, so it did!.
A gay Englishman is my first recollection.

Hmmm - you see that as a plus then o_O

BBC iPlayer - ArtWorks Scotland - Spinning a Yarn: The Dubious History of Scottish Tartan

How Englishmen born in Wales and a couple of Germans pulled the wool over a people. It's light viewing. But if you want to see some bonny Scottish knees ............
I had a day of watching things about Scotland (Hebridean Cast Iron housing and Scotch). Aunty beeb must be celebrating something.
Dis no worky for us Colonials even after bothering to Register, so I must now go to Google to confirm my hunch.:(;)

BBC iPlayer only works in the UK. Sorry, it’s due to rights issues. In the UK? Here's some advice.

Tried these for first time today. After about an hour my ears were sore. May not have had them in enough

Mully, April's fool was last month :laugh::laugh:

Suit yourself but it works.

My cousin had ear problems when he was young. The doctor told him to use silly putty in his ears so he could swim in the pool with us. I noticed while talking to him with the silly putty in his ears he couldn't hear me very well.

Back