Good bye Darkside

sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
Just ordered a Exedra Max 240/55r16 and a Michelin Scorcher 140/75r17. Anybody try the Scorcher yet? Figured I'll give it a shot and see how it works out on the Rocket.:):):):):):)

Two rashes occurred the day he showed up followed by a few red bumps a day later. If it were full blown chicken pox then there would be heads on the bumps. There is nothing to do but wait until it clears up. I just wanted you to know.

Just ordered a Exedra Max 240/55r16 and a Michelin Scorcher 140/75r17. Anybody try the Scorcher yet? Figured I'll give it a shot and see how it works out on the Rocket.:):):):):):)

Interesting find for the frontie! Let us know how the scorcher performs, specially in the wet

That Scorcher is indeed a "V" rated tire, BUT tis made for/with Harley. :eek:
On just that basis alone, I would choose another front tire if possible.
The Commander II, Avon Cobra, Dunlop American Elite, Pirelli Night Dragon would likely be better choices, IMHO.
Please let us know how it works for you and
Congrats on your return to MC tires!

That Scorcher is indeed a "V" rated tire, BUT tis made for/with Harley. :eek:
On just that basis alone, I would choose another front tire if possible.
The Commander II, Avon Cobra, Dunlop American Elite, Pirelli Night Dragon would likely be better choices, IMHO.
Please let us know how it works for you and
Congrats on your return to MC tires!
It is the same tire they used on the V-rod. Yes it says Harley-Davidson on it but so do our lights.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll: Still designed and made by Michelin.

Any comments on why you went from the darkside? I didn't like that I had to air the tire every other day. With my body weight the sweet spot was 25 psi. It wasn't enough to keep the tire aired up tight against the lip of the wheel... I guess. It didn't have a hole in it. :D

I've been kicking the idea around about going with a smaller front tire next time. I've always ran the standard size. Been told the handling will improve with a smaller tire but the ride comfort will suffer. In the area I live the roads are curvy so I guess that would be a positive.

the Michelin commander in that size doesn't have harley wrote on it.

Last edited:
Back