To a good home for free

There a selection down the sides like the F Yables. The L tables ,ignition. Trim, f-l switchover and you will see one that says idle. I like 940 to 950 much better oil pressure, noted on my 05 which had a pressure gauge.

Thanks Warp, I’ve tried this but obviously doing something wrong as it never changes,any chance someone can do a step by step for me it’s driving me nuts.......been out tonight and it always needs a bit of throttle to stop it stalling so not making for a very smooth ride!
Done all the usual suspects as in checking and cleaning the stepper, trying the TPS at various voltage settings in tune ecu but nothing seems to stop the idle issue.

There a selection down the sides like the F Yables. The L tables ,ignition. Trim, f-l switchover and you will see one that says idle. I like 940 to 950 much better oil pressure, noted on my 05 which had a pressure gauge.

Just wondering, with the Carpenter package now i have a Tune boy tune, can i still adjust my idle with TuneEcu?

Just wondering, with the Carpenter package now i have a Tune boy tune, can i still adjust my idle with TuneEcu?
Good question you will know as soon as you link up it will either read the program or not. Yours being older might have the older style mapping in it.

IMG_0798.JPG
Been sitting in the dresser draw for the last few months. Tried to install it yesterday and do not like the way it idled. Prefer not to run it. No point on letting it just sit around and collect dust. Brand new to who ever needs one. Free no need to make a buck

PM me and it is yours.

Did you do anything to the wiring to avoid throwing an ECU error code or just unplug it?

Mine wasn't working last year and I couldn't find any info so I just stuffed it under the tank where the rubber airbox hose was and set the idle manually to 950-ish.

I use Throttlemeister to hold the throttle open a bit until it warms up or I'm ready for liftoff.

Without the stepper motor I wouldn't think changing the idle setting in the ECU would do diddle squat but I didn't try it...

For the kick stand sensor removal, I read that you can snip the wires or make a jumper and cross the brown & black wires (on an '05 anyways) to avoid throwing an ECU error code.

That worked fine and reduced the bikes weight by about an ounce and hence increased speed by .001%...

Have the old one installed on bike no armature attached. Set primary and secondary TPS at .60. Bike runs fine and set idle around 990 when warm. May drop the idle down to 950 after our heat wave ends. Kick stand sensor is fine no issues. Believe stepper motor is not all that and a lot of folks are replacing TPS sensors when it is the stepper motor screwing up.

Hmmm I know someone that would have used those regardless of how good or bad they work. What are you replacing them with?

Back